View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Thanks for Everything 
Site Admin

For those that haven't heard, which is pretty much everyone, my wife and I are making a permanent move to Seattle next month so I can work for Amazon. I didn't say anything at Nationals because, well, I didn't even have a job offer at that point.

More details: http://chris.derecola.com/2011/11/we-ar ... o-seattle/

This obviously means I won't be a regular fixture at 944 Cup races in 2012 and beyond. I'm not ruling out making an appearance here and there (Canada? Northwest?) but I have no idea when that will happen. I'll still serve as the site administrator and will live vicariously through the various results and timesheets, so I won't completely disappear.

Thank you to everyone who has made racing a lifetime experience in the last 10 years. I'm sad to say I never won a race, but I had my fair share of great times in the 107 races I participated in. I managed a top five in half (53) of my races and appeared to like 4th more than any other position, finishing there about 20% of the time. One of my most memorable was racing Jersey Joe for the win at VIR 5 years ago; a position he would eventually steal from me.

Of course, I couldn't have done any of it without my dad... or his checkbook. :mrgreen: Thanks for everything dad! Who woulda thought we'd keep it going this long??

'08 spec.B | '85 944 | '08 848

Rockin' the Cup since '02 | 3rd, 6th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 5th, 13th (PT), 18th (PT), 6th (Team D), 3rd (Team D)

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Driver

Congratulations to both of you on this exciting new adventure/future. The FAQ's on your website were great. Here I thought you were going to work on you rain line. Not in Seattle you say! Good luck and best wishes.

Team Comat

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Of course it won' be the same without you at the races Chris. When I stop to think the reason this thing called the 944 Cup was started because if wanted to find something we coudl both get involved in, "tricking" you into spending more time with the Ole man.

It worked and for much longer then we could envision. And just for the heck of we'll keep it going. If for no other reason then to see how long it will go.

To your race accomplishments I would add, not one 13/13 in over 100 races. While believing in the what the series asks of its drivers in avoiding metal to metal contact, I'm guessing your clean record was also influenced by being the Director's son and wanting to be the model driver, for my sake. Thanks.

ps. Check in on our NW drivers for me.

cup944@aol.com

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:54 pm
Rookie Driver

Chris we will miss you here in the Mid Atlantic! It was a pleasure racing with you and your work in the series was always appreciated. You forgot to mention your Keg Standing prowess in the Paddock however....just sayin!!

Dave Gibson #52
Cup Mid-Atlantic

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:27 am
Rookie Driver

Hey Chris,

I wish you and Melissa good fortune in your new city. Give us a report on those spec racers out there. And I'll drop in on you when I get organized enough to climb Rainier.

Steve

P.S. Are you planning to do Skip Barber?

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:32 pm
Rookie Driver

Chris, best luck on your journey. You'll like Seattle. One of my best friends moved out there and I've been thru there often for work, climbing in the Cascades or just visiting.

#88 1989 944 NA
Tales from the Dark Side of Racing

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Driver

Congrats and good luck on the big move. Be sure to visit us for an occasional paddock keg stand like Dave mentioned. :)

2008 MA Championship 10th
2009 MA Championship T-13th
2010 MA Championship 4th
2011 North Championship 5th
2012 North Championship 4th
2013 North Championship 1st

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:30 am
Rookie Driver

Good luck to you. It'll likely be strange to hear people call you by your own name instead of Dave's son. :)

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:16 pm
Rookie Driver

We'll do our best to welcome Chris to the PNW. With a bunch of new tracks to check out, and some cars just waiting to be rented or purchased, I'm sure it won't be toooo long before we get him back on track!

PacNW 944 Cup . ICSCC #1
life is participation in evolution

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:33 pm
Driver

There you go Dave, your chance to increase the Team Derecola fleet and help support 944Cup in the PNW :roll:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next