View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Calabogie 
Rookie Driver

It was a wild weather weekend but somehow we got spared from some torrential downpours for all 3 races. Randy was fast all weekend on a very techical and tricky track that had over 20 corners. We won the first race on Sat. & the 2nd Sunday morning - but we were disqualified for weight penalty. We underestimated our fuel load and the race went 4 laps longer than what we anticipated. A mistake by me that won't happen again !
Anyway Randy started from the back for the final race and made it to the front for a last lap shoot-out with Alain Demers who won in a photo finish. I think it was the best race of all the groups all weekend & congratulations to Alain for a great win !
Also, thank you to our Quebec friends who hosted a wine & cheese social on Sat. after racing. Hopefully we can do more of that next year.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:58 am
Rookie Driver

Congratulations to Randy, starting at back of the grid up to first place, i will rember that finish. Randy , i will remember your best time was .9 of a second faster than my best lap time. So next time i will have to work much harder to match your really fast times around that circuit. Hope to see you at Tremblant in September. Alain

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:09 pm

A few drinks with friends after the first race!
Unfortunately, a few couldn't join us, busy fixing a car.

Attachments:
Calabogie.jpg [2.16 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

cup944@aol.com
Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]