View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
NW prep level 
Rookie Driver

hey everybody,

So i am building a car to compete in the NW region 44 cup class. I was wondering what level you guys prep your cars to in the NW?

I have been thinking either ITS or ITA, leaning more towards ITS. But i have also looked at prepping to 944 spec within the ITS rules simply because of simplification of purchase options, i.e. only 1 shock/tire choice and less places to spend my money... Also i was thinking about racing in some other series' in the area; ICSCC group 3, or which ever group includes the ITS/ITA class, just because i have some friends that race in that class.

I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for a prep level to both be competitive in 44 cup and in other local classes? Any classes you guys race in that i should look into?

Kind of a side note but any idea what the deal is with the CDOC website? t has been down for like 2 months...

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:51 pm
Driver

All of our cars are currently prepared to ITS specs. I found that to be the overall best balance of cost, performance, reliability and fun. In ITS spec we are just enough faster than the good Spec Miata's that we don't tend to interfere with their races when we are together. The ITS car can also run in PCA 4 on the same day/weekend to increase potential track time. ITS is also recognized in ICSCC, so you can run ITS, RS, SP, EIP, or eventually 944 Cup class there.
You can contact me directly with any prep questions at greg@fordahlmotorsports.com or call at (425) 644-6020. I think the 944 Spec preparation allowances are just a little off in a couple of key areas like reliability mods and being forced to run the truly awful Toyo 888's. A Spec 944 will place you right in the middle of the Miata grid....good luck with that! Greg F

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

Thanks for the reply Greg!

Sounds like ITS is the way to go.

What is the format for races? I want to go down to the first one on the 17th to look at some finished cars and meet some NW drivers, but I'm not sure which day would be better.

-Mike M.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:29 pm
Driver

A two day PIR race generally consists of a practice and qualifying session on Saturday with a race on Sunday. Sometimes they mix it up and add Qualifying races rather than actual qualifying. We would generally be entered in two groups, the ITS group for NW Cup points and the PCA 1-4 grid for fun. The groups are numbered 1-7, and we would be running in group 4 and 7 for example. Greg F.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

just a few more questions, i promise :? !!

Is any day better? I don't know if race day is rushed or if you guys have a fair bit of time between heats... Wouldn't want to get in the way

Can anyone get a pit pass. and how much are they?

-Mike M.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:39 pm
Driver

Most of the time a pit pass is not required. I think you may want to join SCCA to start, which will automatically admit you to any SCCA event. I wouldn't worry about which day you come out for, the NW 944 guys are a good bunch and would be happy to answer any questions you have. Greg

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]