View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
New Car Build Officially in Progress 
Rookie Driver

Well OK then. Have officially started building a new car! Expect to be finished in approximately a year. Conceivably could try for the beginning of next season (2011) but not a primary goal. And, no, not even for the February event in any case.

Building to 44Spec/SP1 specs with allowable mods per 44Cup. I like the rule set. Overall it's a decent inexpensive (for a race car) build. As Greg F alluded elsewhere; $6000 suspensions are not in my resources anytime soon.

By using driver(s) of previously demonstrated ability in 44Cup we intend to determine if this car configuration is competitive.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:34 am

John: let me know how it goes getting the car down to the min. 2500 lbs. S/b an interesting study in the SP2/Lite rules.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:48 pm
Rookie Driver

Well, we're officially officially started now. Rob Carpenter has the red seats (good luck with the mold). Rob and Patrick gutted the cockpit. All I had to do was grill the wurst. And it's been delivered to Eastern Shore Dismantle'rs for furthur stripping.

Attachments:
smallDSC_0291.NEF.jpg
smallDSC_0291.NEF.jpg [ 72.55 KiB | Viewed 3065 times ]
Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:08 pm
Rookie Driver

Eastern Shore Dismantlers here...open for business! Came home from work to a nice new project which totally distracted me from unpacking the trailer from this weekend.
Should be a fun and interesting project starting with a solid foundation...further dismantling underway soon.
Jack

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:48 pm
Rookie Driver

awesome updates - looking forward to watching the progress!

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]