View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
HYPERFEST-JOHNS HOPKINS RESULTS 
Rookie Driver

Great to see everyone at SP this weekend...good times! I thought (With DD's encouragement) I would share an email I sent out this morning. I would love to see more drivers next year...so if you are game to join a good cause, LET ME KNOW!!!
read below....

Hey everyone,
I want to take a moment to thank each one of you for helping with Laps For Life 2010. I tried to get to everyone personally to thank and hope I did…Max and Scott…I left your “thank you” in your cars…hope you got them.

This was our best year fundraising year to date…the total is not in yet (I didn’t grab results sheets so need to wait for MyLaps to update) but estimate that we raised about $15,000 for Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center.

Congratulations go to Bill Repass who was the top fund raiser…and as I said at the awards ceremony, doubly exciting as Bill is a cancer survivor and went through his treatment at Johns Hopkins…how cool is that!

As always, I appreciate so much everyone’s efforts to help with this cause…Scott, thank you and Grassroots Motorsports Magazine for being so supportive and personally driving to raise funds for us for the past two years. You guys are best in the business in my humble opinion. Seeing you out there racing “project Mini” reinforces who you are and why you are successful. You walk the walk. Chris…same to you and NASA Mid-Atlantic. Thank you for putting on your usual fine Hyperfest event… and also a big thank you for trusting me with your car for the race Saturday. Wish I could have put your car in the winners circle on Saturday like you did on Sunday, but it was as a great opportunity. The little 924 wouldn’t have made it around 15 times for sure! Joe Boshulte…thank you for participating and also stepping up as a sponsor this year. Awesome! Dave Derecola, Max Fischer, Bill Repass…thank you for coming back and raising significant funds. Dave Gibson and Jimmy Meyers…it was great to have you join us this year. Last but not least…David Pettit and Steve Focazio with GRAND-AM, thank you and your team for getting GRAND-AM drivers to sign the raffle guitar…that was a big contributor this year.

I look forward to doing this again next year and adding more drivers to the ranks. I can’t thank you enough for what you’ve done.

Rest up and hope to see you on track soon.

Jack

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]