View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Road Trip to Mosport from Hotlanta 
Driver

Day 1: Friday, Left Lawrenceville @ 2PM and headed north. First stop Lexington, Kentucky. Made good time and arrived @ 9PM to find the Hoilday Inn parking lot jammed with cars. Breyerfest 2010 was in full swing. Need to add one more question when making reservations: "Do you have any big events being held at the hotel the night of my arrival?". Took over 1 hour to let cars clear out before I could manuever truck and trailer to a parking spot.

Dy 2: Saturday, Left 8AM and headed north to Bronte, Ontario. Making good time again, just across Michigan border went to downshift from OD to 5th and the shifter would not move. Nursed the transmission all the way to Bronte with no significant damage. I think it is the master cylinder or slave cylinder for clutch. Ken Wilden neighbor in Bronte came over. We watched some video of Ernie's record lap at Mosport and Ken provided some additional insight into track. All I have to do is perform as instructed. I just do not want to embarrass myself after driving the 1000 miles from Atlanta.

Day 3: Sunday, borrowed brother in laws tuck to park trailer. Arranged for tow truck to pick up truck and transport to shop Monday AM.

Day 4: Monday, Waiting on tow truck.

Udated: 5:00PM Monday 26 July 2010

Tow truck arrived around 9:15AM. Initial indications is that it is not the clutch master or slave cylinder. It may be the actuating arm. Transmission is coming out for a closer look.

I will update as we progress to race day at Mosport.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:17 am
Driver

Day 5: Tuesday July 27 2010, Transmission out, Spring from clutch disc decided to remove itself from the clutch disc. Pressure plate looks ok but, will replace all. New clutch assembly and updated fork on order. Parts due this afternoon. Should be finished Wednesday afternoon.

Day 6: Wednesday July 28, Truck is all back together and Mechanic is on test drive now (10:45AM). If everything is OK, I will pick-up trailer around noon and start trek to Mosport around 3PM.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:59 am
Driver

DAY 6 continued. Truck is repaired and runs good.

Thanks go to Darby Auto Electric in Oakville Ontario. Rick and Dave turned the repair around in record time.

Thanks also to the crew at Mantisport for helping out with some muscle to push the truck on the lift at Darby's.

Trailer is hooked up and ready to go. Will depart Bronte around 2:30PM.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:21 pm
Driver

Day 7: Trailer delivered to Mosport and made return trip to Bronte.

Day 8: Thursday, Up at 5AM and off to Mosport. 4 laps into first session......header broke right at collector. Removed header and took it to Gateway Racing at Mosport... 2 hours later and a few Canadian $$$ and header is repaired. Great job Gateway Racing! Reinstalled header and made the afternoon sessions. Best time 1:42.9

Day 9: Friday, almost every yellow run group was cut short because of single car incidents and broken cars. Fun race was reduced to fun 1/2 lap. Hoosier stickers mounted and ready to go for Saturday.

Day 10: Saturday, Scruts decided that the rookie candidates needed to get their required practice starts during race 1, 944CUP drivers agreed NOT to race until the 3rd green flag. This however, is NOT the way it all unfolded, bottom-line First race was a Cluster F%$CK, Second race was a lot of fun. Qualfied 5th and finished 5th. Chris Lubinski, Rodrigo Herrera and I had a lot of close and fun racing.

Day 11: Sunday.....90 min Enduro.

Last edited by tim pruitt on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:20 pm
Driver

Day 11: Sunday, August 1, Enduro was good. Finished 3rd out of 8 racers. Team Comat 1st, Rodrigo Herrera 2nd. No damge to car. Weather was beautiful all weekend. Mosport has a lot of character and there is more to improve upon but, for my first time at the track I am pretty happy with my performance. I will try to visit again in 3 years. We were back in Bronte by 8:15PM. Clutch in truck is working great.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:39 pm
Driver

Day 12: Monday, August 2nd, Holiday in Canada, had a family party, Brother-In-Law barbecued a whole pig, drank a few Canadian beers.

Day 13: Tuesday, August 3rd, we left Bronte Ontario at 1:39PM with Lexington Kentucky as our first leg goal.

No troubles at the border. As fate would have it, we had a flat tire on the trailer just south of Toledo, Ohio. Made it to Lexington at 12:15PM.

Day 14: Wednesday, August 4th, Got a good nights sleep and did not leave Lexington until 10:05AM. Arrived at home in Lawrenceville, Georgia at 5:50PM. Having a beer and relaxing as I finish this post.

It was great trip with good racing, tons of good stories and memories.

THE END

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]