View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Well? 
Driver

All of us West coasters that couldnt make the trip this year are waiting to hear how it went at the Nationals..... anyone? Bueller? Greg F

Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Driver

Greg the results are here.

http://www.44cup.com/nationals-10

Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Quite a different experience for the series, running at a Pro event and getting our own run group to boot. Wont know how to act going back to the rat race we have been accustomed to.

Think quite a few folks may have drivern their perosnnal best lap times. Shook out as much expected for those at the top with the Crowells, Comats and Hardent cars, mixed in with the 3 pink cars working their way into the top 10. Canadians seemed to be everywhere, running fast as usual. PCA Stock classification dominated again this year.

Unfortunately the Pro Nick Esayian got pulled by the factory off the Sunday race, worrying about impact on closely scheduled WC race.

Former SC Champ Karl Troy did himself proud, dusting off the rust and getting in a new car to finish in top 5. Standing start was a blast and a challenge as SCCA Pro forgot to give us a warm up lap...cold tires and brakes 9:30 in the AM. Little crazy.

Tons of tight racing for first 10 laps. Isolated battles the last 10 laps of the race. Need a competition yellow half way thru...I should have had radio communication with the tower.

Hectic schedule with meetings, meals, scrutineering, scales, dyno, etc. All worked out in the end. Enjoyed watching some of the other series racing for a change. Didmt miss the E30's or GTS cars.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:41 pm
Driver

Thanks for the report DD, I had wondered how well the group would fit in to the SCCA Pro structure. Was it dry or wet? The printed results are a little thin for info like lap times, etc. Greg F

Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Driver

Greg hope this helps.

http://www.mylaps.com/members/homemember.jsp

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:42 pm
Driver

Dave summed it up very well. Fantastic event and look forward to running with SCCA Pro Racing again. Having full 45 minute races was excellent though it forced you to maintain focus. Big thanks to Dave, and all others who helped, for all the work put in to making this event happen.

Speaking personal best times, improved mine by 1.2 sec. The Saturday race was overcast and relatively cool and made for quick times.

2008 MA Championship 10th
2009 MA Championship T-13th
2010 MA Championship 4th
2011 North Championship 5th
2012 North Championship 4th
2013 North Championship 1st

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:59 am
Site Admin

My Saturday video: http://vimeo.com/15012853

Sunday's race will be up this weekend.

'08 spec.B | '85 944 | '08 848

Rockin' the Cup since '02 | 3rd, 6th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 5th, 13th (PT), 18th (PT), 6th (Team D), 3rd (Team D)

Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:30 am
Profile WWW

GregF wrote:
Thanks for the report DD, I had wondered how well the group would fit in to the SCCA Pro structure. Greg F

And one of the pleasant surprises of the weekend happened Sunday after the race. Was packing up the trailer and got a visit from Bob Wildberger, Prez and CEO of SCCA Pro Racing, and his entourage, complimenting us on a great series and how much they appreciated are being a part of the weekend. And, asking me to call him to discuss the 944 Cup being a part of future SCCA Pro events. Nice!!!!!

Kudos again to the Cup drivers who demonstrated on track and in the paddock that they belong. Of course, we did get lucky that the Prez wasnt around Friday evening when the boys were doing keg stands in the Cup paddock. Seriously!

cup944@aol.com

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:07 am
Rookie Driver

What an amazing weekend I had! I just want to do it again! 8-)

This was my 3rd race weekend ever in my entire life, so my comments worth what they are worth, but quite frankly, I don't have anything bad to say. To me, it was a fantastic event, well prepared, and with nice people.

The on-track behavior was very respectful and I really appreciated that. The people I had conversationwith were all nice to me too. So it's a friendly environment that I wish to part of more often.

If there are more events with SCCA Pro, I'll be there for sure!

I also want to give a huge thanks to Simon Robin who lended me his spare car and sponsored my entire weekend, what a gent you are Simon! 8-)

I also want to thank Rodrigo who gave the trailer space and ride too, and to Chris and his father who made comments on my driving (video to come soon).

944 Cup rocks! :D :D :D

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:31 am
Driver

Director wrote:
Of course, we did get lucky that the Prez wasnt around Friday evening when the boys were doing keg stands in the Cup paddock. Seriously!

I think Dave is secretly jealous he didn't get a chance to do a keg stand. :lol:

2008 MA Championship 10th
2009 MA Championship T-13th
2010 MA Championship 4th
2011 North Championship 5th
2012 North Championship 4th
2013 North Championship 1st

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next