View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
iRacing Hardware 
Driver

Anybody have info on good Steering Wheels amd Pedal sets for iRacing use?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:06 pm
Rookie Driver

I bought my son a Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel for Christmas. Seems to work pretty well and is a nice wheel. Should be....pretty pricey piece. It comes with both a six speed shifter, sequential shifter, and paddle shifters. The standard pedals work well and it has all three pedals. They make a fancier set but they are expensive.

http://www.fanatec.com/

iRacing is really cool and the tracks are very detailed and very close to the real thing. If you use the grand am promo you get three months for the price of one.

SuperCup #215
1986 Porsche 944 N/A Son Robbie's car
2015 Cup National Champion

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:31 pm
Rookie Driver

From what I've seen while researching the same question, Frex is the best. http://www.frex.com/gp/ I bought a Logitech wheel to play around with it and haven't really had the time to do so.

Steve

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:57 pm
Driver

I looked all over Atlanta for the Logitech G27 wheel and pedal set and everybody was sold out. I had to order it online from Logitech and they are currently backordered too. So, my iracing carreer is on hold until I can get the wheel and pedal set:(

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:23 am
Rookie Driver

My son and I were watching the tv show "Rookies to Racers" which is about the VW TDI cup on HDTheater the other day. They award one person who wins the iRacing virtual TDI cup a full ride in the real thing. But they had a section about how iRacing builds their tracks. They basically drive the track and laser scan the entire track. Tracks are supposedly accurate to within 2 mm. All of the buildings, trees, cars, brake markers, etc are all scanned and put into the graphics. The tracks are axtremely accurate.

SuperCup #215
1986 Porsche 944 N/A Son Robbie's car
2015 Cup National Champion

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]