View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
BEHE Performance 
Driver

I took my car to BEHE Performance where John Behe put it through a complete dyno evaluation. The results of his tuning were amazing to me as I had been getting custom chips made for my car based on many dyno runs with air fuel ratios. His tuning really improved my engine.

Don't be fooled by the lack of cappuccino machines and a grandiose waiting room. The results that you take away with you will make you smile on the track where it counts.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:41 am

And from talking with John Behe myself, I am amazed how often he finds that the aftermarket chip installed in a car is actually producing less power then the stock chip.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:10 am
Rookie Driver

Another satisfied customer here also. John took my new motor I just built from the ground up over the winter, broke it in on the dyno, and then gave me some serious (legal :D ) horsepower. The motor was running lean and he fattened up the fuel level and got it purring like a kitten. I took that car and put in on pole for its first outing.

As Bill said, no fancy waiting area with big screen tvs. John's spent the money where it counts. His dyno cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $140K unlike the typical 20-30K for a DynoJet. And he's got the knowledge and experience to use it. He visited the track at NJMP and was accessible and helpful. All in all, a nice guy and smart to boot. 3 thumbs up!

#88 1989 944 NA
Tales from the Dark Side of Racing

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

+1. I was really impressed with John personally and professionally. I am not mechanically proficient, but John took the time to educate me and answer my stupid questions. Like Chris, he also got my new motor broken in and and purring. I am a very satisfied customer.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Let me add too that on occasion John has recd a dme to inspect and when he opened it learned that the aftermarket chip had only one mao, and he just closed it back up and sealed.

In other cases, aftermarket chips are installed that are encrypted by the manufacturer and could not be read to determine if one or maps are present and could not be read duplicate the map in use. In these cases John works with the owner to determine how to proceed.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:04 pm
Rookie Driver

John Behe is the best in the business. He is a true enthusiast and has 30+ years experience in tuning all types of cars. He really knows how to get the most out of these cars and his tunes are as precise as can possibly be and tailored to to match the individual car. I can't imagine why anybody would spend money to buy a one-size-fits-all chip when for about the same amount John will program one that is custom tailored to your car.

SuperCup #215
1986 Porsche 944 N/A Son Robbie's car
2015 Cup National Champion

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]