View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
FS 89 E Stock 944 S2 
Rookie Driver

My 944 S2 is for sale; I have attached a few pictures of the car as well.

I bought the car in 2007; it was originally a Carl Poeltl build. When the car was delivered to me, we discovered that it needed a complete engine rebuild, which was done then. In 2008, after several races in the car, I had a major off at Road America. The car was rebuilt with a new front clip, and JRZ double adjustable shocks were added, as well as some additional suspension modifications. At the end of the 2012 season, I had the entire car rebuilt; the engine and transmission were completely rebuilt, the interior was stripped to the bare metal and painted, a completely new cage with extended NASCAR bars was installed, new belts, a custom gauge panel was installed, new clutch, shifter, transmission cooler, Accusump, and a Lexan windshield. Total spend for the rebuild was $23,066. Since then, the car has raced twice at Sebring, and once each at Watkins Glen, Road America, and Daytona. The muffler was replaced after Daytona last October.

The car has a Guard LSD, Fabcar control arms, is equipped with a Cool Shirt cooler, plumbing and on-off switch, is wired for a radio, and will sell with (and is wired for) a TraqMate with Chase Cam video. It has a fire system installed, with nozzles in the engine compartment, footwell, and rear deck. Included are three sets of 18" CCW wheels with used Hoosiers, and a set of 17" Porsche phone-dial wheels with Hoosier rains purchased new before last year’s Daytona race (October); they were used in two sessions at Sebring. I will be removing the car’s PCA transponder.

This car has an E-Stock PCA logbook, and is very well developed and equipped. The car is a fast, capable, excellent E car, or an excellent platform for development for SP3. I really love this car, but I have decided to focus on, develop, and commit to my new-to-me Cayman.

The asking price is $35,000 FOB Bensenville, Illinois. It might be possible to deliver it to Watkins Glen if that would matter to a buyer. Brian Weathered of Midwest Eurosport knows the car inside and out, and he can be reached at 630-595-5577. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:32 am

Pix for the subject

Attachments:
mike car.zip [182.95 KiB]
Downloaded 308 times

cup944@aol.com
Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]