View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
84 944. LSD/Short 5th/M030/New HG & Belts 
Rookie Driver

Hey everyone, Im selling my 1984 944 road car because Ive got no time for it.

Im going to just copy/paste this from my Rennlist ad:
My 1984 944 is officially up for sale. After Winning E-Stock in my region I think that it is time to move on, so a ESP WRX is next for me...

I owned the car for a little more than a year. Since buying it in stock form I have added:

NEW Timing Belt/Rollers/Water Pump/Timing Cover/Hoses/Plugs
Full M030 Adjustable Suspension
K&N Cone Filter
New ZERO-MILE! (Now ~500mi) Transaxle with LSD and Short #5 & Short Throw Shifter
CV Joints
New-er ('88 Turbo)Alternator
New Fuel Filter/Bosch Pump
A/C Delete
Glasspack
WeltMeister Harness Bar
Fresh street tires & Hoosier R6s on Cookie Cutters.
Sony Head Unit

So, being a dedicated Autocross toy, several things were removed. The AC and everything to go with it, including the in-dash box, has been taken out. Many things that added useless weight are gone. Recently the Ring and Pinion went, so I decided to replace the whole transaxle with a 0-Mile rebuild with a LSD and Short fifth (if you're going to do it... might as well).

The Bad:

The powersteering started to act up so I removed the belt, I have a used working PS Pump ready to go on it. Paint: It needs a paintjob. I have the paint for it, just not the time. The Belts/Headgasket job is done, but the belts need to be re-tensioned. Also, after the gasket went, I drained the oil and put new stuff in.I now have 6 Quarts of Valvoline VR1 and a Mahle filter on it.

The car fires and runs. However, I am not driving it more than 15 feet because the belts need to be tensioned. So, Im not going to risk the head work just to go cruising around in it. You will need to trailer this thing home.
I'm needing $3,500 for it. I have $3,000 in the trans and suspen/tires alone.

The best way to contact me is eMail!
mchmielewski@theweekender.com I am in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

Mon May 10, 2010 1:19 pm
Rookie Driver

This car has been sitting outside the garage letting mother nature have her way.

It stopped at the last autocross during the summer because I ran it out of fuel. Since then, Ive been swapping between the original fuel pump and a new Bosch I picked up for it, but there seems to be a fuel delivery issue last time I checked (fall).

I need the money for the transaxle ($2000), so pay for that and you can trailer the car away.

Im going to grab new pictures tomorrow.

for quick response, email me at thewerxracing (at) gmail (.) com

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:19 am
Rookie Driver

New pictures, as it currently sits this afternoon:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]