View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
86 944T in New Jersey 
Rookie Driver

$3999.00 Obo Please contact me at 908-723-3573 or JohnScaramella@gmail.com

I did a mechanical restoration on the underside and had intentions of daily driving the car through the rest of the year but without AC its just not working out. I've owned many pcars, have raced with PCA, nasa and 944Cup series; ie your purchasing from an honest and knowledgeable owner. I own and operate a restoration business and work closely with some porsche repair shops. All work was done by me with the engine service listed below at Speedwerk NY. This was a winter project that I took on with no regret. My outlay on the car and the work is far more than the asking price. Im trying to pay it forward and keep the car in the right hands.

This is a perfect cup car candidate, daily driver or DE car. I have successfully daily driven this car for the past 5K miles to and from work with no issues. I purchased the car from the previous owner who had intend to track the car but never did, it sat for nearly two years with no use.

Exterior (white )
The exterior is not 100% perfect with some dents and rust at the lower driver and passenger fenders as well as some minor bodywork in front of the drivers side wheel. I repaired the dent in front of the wheel and it sits in primer at the moment. Its not terrible but did have a respray at some point, I wet sanded and buffed the car and its a 10 footer and not embarrassing to drive. Its a very original and stock car.

Here is the mechanical work I have done on the car in the last 5K miles.

Fuel system
Replaced fuel lines front to rear, full return and feed lines.
Replaced fuel injection hose and clamps from the fuel rail to the lines
Replaced both fuel line dampers
Replaced fuel filter and lines that run from pump to filter and filter to feed line

Brakes
removed,cleaned and reinstalled all 4 calipers (all bleeders work as they should)
Replaced lines on the rear left and right
Bleed system with high temp fluid
Has new pagid pads, front rotors are warped but I make due on the street

Suspension
Purchased a used set (30K miles) Koni coil overs front (250lb springs) with growing control camber plates and shocks rear, did not touch the torsion bars, but I did remove, clean and paint the carrier before reinstalling.
The rear banana arms were also media blasted and reinstalled while the rear suspension was apart.
Removed the power steering system and replaced with manual rack, correct shaft and new tie rod ends used.
Newer conti tires with lots of life on near mint phone dials.

Engine (184,000 miles)
Crank shaft bearing service
Timing belt and roller service
Dist cap, seal and rotor
Beru wire set and NGK plugs
Cleaned the MAS air and replaced with K&N filter
New battery
Replaced both Ref sensors
Replaced any broken and or rusted exhaust bolts
Turbo pulls strong and wast gate operates as it should. Has a new factory boost control switch.
Replaced some vacuum lines but I did not remove the manifold.

*Oil filter housing has stared to leak in the last 100 miles, not had time to repair yet. Does have a cold start issue some mornings, not all, but with 500 rpm increase in the pedal it runs smooth.

Trans
Leak free with factory cooler
Repacked axels, no noise, shifts correctly through all gears.
Drained and filled with synthetic fluid.

Interior (black)
Major cleaning, yes dash is cracked
Sony CD sterro w/ ipod adapter
Power windows work, pass side switch is sticky
Rear hatch release works
Sunroof works but someone stole the relays from the rear mounted control and I have yet to replace them, however when I tested the roof and jumped the micro switch its working
Mirror control not working, never investigated
I replaced the seats with two near mint non power seats
Aside from the dash its a very presentable daily driver; as a track car its all good on the use market for resale.
Windshield ad all other glass is crack free.

Attachments:
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 50.47 KiB | Viewed 3386 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 49.06 KiB | Viewed 3386 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 63.41 KiB | Viewed 3386 times ]
Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:33 pm
Rookie Driver

Additional Photos

Attachments:
5.jpg