View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
anoying problem 
Driver

so my car has seemed to have developed a new problem, it needs to be cranked for at minimum 5-8 seconds before it gets spark or injector fire and some times it will need to be cranked over 2-3 times for atleast 10 seconds before it will fire up. I tried swapping out the refrence sensors with my spare but apparently it has gone bad because with it in there i never get spark so it went in the trash. My daily driver has been at the shop getting inspected but should have home today to borrow its sensors from so ill try that. Also this may be completly unrelated but the car has been running rich i plan to tackle that problem after i get this starting problem solved.any ideas?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 am
Driver

Starting problem was solved one of the reference sensors went bad in less than a year.now onto the running rich problem

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:57 pm
Driver

does anyone know how stable the fuel pressure is supposed to be? Mine is stable at idle but as soon as i touch throttle it jumps up about 5-7psi. i want to make sure my fuel dampener isnt the cause of the car running rich.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:24 am
Driver

That's normal. The vacuum at idle lowers the fuel pressure. When you accelerate, you lose vacuum and the fuel pressure increases.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:50 pm
Driver

What's a reference sensor? Is that this igniter thing on the L/F fender?

SuperCup #57, National Champion 2011 and 2012
www.frankcelenza.com/racing.php

Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Driver

the crank reference sensors on the rear of the engine above the flywheel were what was causing my weak spark/ hard start condition.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]