View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
85.5 944 NA Radiator convert to Turbo Radiator Lower Hose 
Rookie Driver

I'm converting my 85.5 NA radiator to the turbo radiator. I know the turbo radiator is longer/deeper then the NA radiator. Therefore, the stock NA lower radiator hose is not long enough to work.

My question is, can I use the turbo's lower radiator hose which I know is longer will work? Or would i need to cut the stock NA hose and buy a aluminum pipe to extend it which I rather not to do that?

Mon May 07, 2012 12:54 pm

mug23 wrote:
I'm converting my 85.5 NA radiator to the turbo radiator. I know the turbo radiator is longer/deeper then the NA radiator. Therefore, the stock NA lower radiator hose is not long enough to work.

My question is, can I use the turbo's lower radiator hose which I know is longer will work? Or would i need to cut the stock NA hose and buy a aluminum pipe to extend it which I rather not to do that?

I use the stock NA hose.

cup944@aol.com

Mon May 07, 2012 4:31 pm
Driver

Are you also changing the lower rad mount to the 951 part? You will find that the 951 hose is a tad long and the n/a hose is a tad short. I use an n/ a hose cut in half with a short piece of 1.5" aluminum tubing in the middle. This let's me adjust the length and change the clocking to clear oil cooler lines, fans, etc. GregF

Mon May 07, 2012 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

Yes, I will be using all 951 parts.

Tue May 08, 2012 7:43 am
Driver

hey im wondering what kind of water temperatures you guys are getting to need to upgrade to the turbo radiator. i have removed the center of my lower splitter to open up air to the radiator but have never seen water temps over 200 other than once fighting with dave for like 10 laps straight in middle of summer and never leaving his bumper to get air on the rad. i even have to put tape on my radiator for a few races to get the temps up in cool weather.

Mon May 14, 2012 7:58 am

JBRracing wrote:
hey im wondering what kind of water temperatures you guys are getting to need to upgrade to the turbo radiator. i have removed the center of my lower splitter to open up air to the radiator but have never seen water temps over 200 other than once fighting with dave for like 10 laps straight in middle of summer and never leaving his bumper to get air on the rad. i even have to put tape on my radiator for a few races to get the temps up in cool weather.

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

cup944@aol.com

Mon May 14, 2012 9:26 am
Driver

Most racers actually change a partially clogged radiator. ( hence the overheating). I have found the standard 85.5 and up Rad will keep up pretty well, but the 951 radiator is not that much more and really does a good job of keeping the water temps in line with the best power. Greg F

Mon May 14, 2012 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]