View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Help!!! Car wouldn't start 
Rookie Driver

I have a 85.5 944 NA and I'm in the process of building a cup car. I think I make a big mistake as I was in the process of cutting all the non needed wires to save weight that I think it was ok to cut but now the car wouldn't start. The car starts and runs find prior to this attempt.

I did not touch the DME wiring at all and I thought I only cut all the HVAC, radio, power windows and lock wires. The car does crank and now the fuel pump seems to not getting power at all. I tested the pump by putting a direct 12v source and I can hear the pump turn on. I don't think there's spark at all too as I think the DME is not getting power too. So now I'm pretty much dead in the water and I have an event at the end of this month.

Can anyone give me a suggestion on what I should do? What's the quickest way to get the car running? Do I need to actually get another wiring harness from another car? All I need to happen is to have power to the DME, fuel pump, injectors and the stock guages.

Thank you.

Sun May 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Reconnect the lock wires.

cup944@aol.com

Mon May 21, 2012 10:13 am
Rookie Driver

Can you tell me which is the lock wire or where to look for it? I have the wiring diagram.

Mon May 21, 2012 10:18 am

You are in bad shape, cutting wires so blindly. Unless u can red a wiring diagram, looking for a needle in a haystack. Try to locate from the source where the lock or alarm is engaged to the rear of the drivers side door.

cup944@aol.com

Mon May 21, 2012 10:41 am
Rookie Driver

Yes, I know what a careless mistake I did and this is a lesson learned to be patient and be informative before tacking a job like this.

I know that some 944 have a key lock alarm right behind the driver's door but my 944 do not have that. I do see 4 wires in that area and 2 I know is for the speakers, I'm not sure what the other 2 are for. Maybe that could be it?

Mon May 21, 2012 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]