View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
looks like im gona miss the opener 
Driver

i found a fire dammaged 87 924s this weekend i can get motor and trans from for 400 that i think im gona pick up but i still plan on fixing the motor i have. i never heard of people putting chevy bearings in but i like the idea. also i think i have a spare crank in my shed from a motor a few seasons ago with a cracked cyl. anybody have experience with crossdrilling the crank i have a connection with some guys at a machine shop that do work form me and i pay them in beer but its not an automotive machine shop would they be able to handle it. thanks

Tue May 10, 2011 8:31 am
Rookie Driver

To use chevy or similar - need to turn the rod journals down to a chevy diameter - I think the standard 2 inch ones only require taking off a few mm of journal. However, the question would be if turning these down would remove the factory hardending they put on the journal surface.

You would also need to change rods to a corresponding chevy rod. Though - Fords would be faster :-)

Tue May 10, 2011 6:21 pm
Driver

so took the crank to local napa machine shop and they are going to weld and regrind to the standard size for 200 bucks i dont know about the hardening though how big of a problem would it be if it wasnt re hardened

Wed May 11, 2011 11:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2