View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
data aquisition 
Driver

just bought used aim micron 3 auto/gold data acquisition system and was wondering how people mounted speed sensors to their cars. i was thinking about mounting somehow little magnetic button to a cv joint, possibly small shallow drill and tap in thick part of joint.and if anyone was bringing a beacon because my system didnt come with one and id rather wait till after nationals to buy it

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:23 am
Rookie Driver

WE @ MantisSport , install the speed sensor on a front wheel stud, no wheel spin to effect your signal. Weld a bolt on the stud, or tap a thread, tap it for the mag pick. use 2 of the brake backing plate threads for a mount for the sensor pick up. gap is .080" one tells you that. buy a beacon $35.00. :)

Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Driver

I just make a small "l" bracket or use one of the many useless little brackets off of the engine that hold the little plactic wiring clips. Drill a 5/16 hole in one end and bolt it under a CV joint bolt. Mount your magnet in the other end. Now make a "l" bracket that mounts to the diff housing bolts and line the two up and set the gap. In my experience front lockups are way more common that wheelspin, so we use the rear rather than the front. Greg F

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]