View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Welcome to our New Forums!! FAQ Inside 
Site Admin

What should I do if I have any issues?
If you are able to log in, please post them here. If you cannot create and account or post in this forum, you can email us at webmaster@44cup.com for assistance.

What about my username and all my old threads?
Unfortunately, the current forum provider has refused to allow us to export our data. They are doing this in an effort to make us stay with them and continue to pay money. As a result, you will have to create a new account and any threads that have important information will need to be copy/pasted manually by you.

What's the deal with the new forum?
The old forum was a pay per use solution that was becoming cost prohibitive. The new forum is hosted on the same servers as our 944 cup website, not only making it effectively free, but also allowing us greater control over user experience and branding.

What will happen to the old forum?
It will be "reply only" for a few weeks, so that everyone can participate in topics that were already there. After that time, the forum will cease to exist.

What are some of the reasons why the new forum is better?
We are still finding out some of the great features available to us from hosting our own forum. Some of the notable ones we think you'll like are:
-Greater control over user profiles, including bigger avatars
-View new posts (shows all posts since you last visited) available at top-right of screen
-View active topics (shows all posts that have recent activity) available at top-left of screen
-Easier to use posting tools like colors, smileys and helper buttons
-Image hosting!! We now allow users to upload photos to show on the site. We are still tweaking the limits/restrictions but a form to attach files should now appear at the bottom of almost every post you write.

What's with the usernames of various colors?
Colors denote members that have special status. These include things like Administrators, Moderators and Sponsors.

'08 spec.B | '85 944 | '08 848

Rockin' the Cup since '02 | 3rd, 6th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 5th, 13th (PT), 18th (PT), 6th (Team D), 3rd (Team D)

Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

FAQ added 11/22.

'08 spec.B | '85 944 | '08 848

Rockin' the Cup since '02 | 3rd, 6th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 5th, 13th (PT), 18th (PT), 6th (Team D), 3rd (Team D)

Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]