View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Nationals 2013 

Where for 2013 Nationals?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 pm
1.) Daytona 76%  76%  [ 22 ]
2.) NJMP/Thunderbolt 24%  24%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 29

Nationals 2013 
Driver

Because PCA gives us the most track time, way more than NASA for instance, to practice and all, plus; we'd be around Porsches and all the support those teams could offer for the weekend.
And, if we take a start when some other group is on track, say as they go down the backstraight, I just don't think it would be a problem, we'd never even see them. Except on a restart, of course.

Just sayin', but then again, as I've said before; I'll do whatever works for all of us. I'd just love to get to the big D.

SuperCup #57, National Champion 2011 and 2012
www.frankcelenza.com/racing.php

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

Daytona is defiantly were we all would love to be but it's not realistic for me in November. The last 3 months of the year are the busiest so even NJMP will be tuff but more possible Daytona, not for a few years at least but for sure one day!

JJ

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:08 pm

There is always overlap with a split start which is undesirable for Nationals, and the restart being the worst case scenario. I wouldnt schedule a Nationals otherwise. So, I dont see this being an advantage going with pca. This removes us from ever having a National event with PCA.

Not sure why you are comparing with NASA for our proposed plans for 2013.

DrFranz wrote:
Because PCA gives us more track time, way more than NASA for instance, to practice and all, plus; we'd be around Porsches and all the support those teams could offer for the weekend.
And, if we take a start when some other group is on track, say as they go down the backstraight, I just don't think it would be a problem, we'd never even see them. Except on a restart, of course.

Just sayin', but then again, as I've said before; I'll do whatever works for all of us. I'd just love to get to the big D.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:59 pm
Rookie Driver

Dave, I have only driven NJMP once and have never been on Daytona. For the wow factor alone, Daytona would get my vote! Randy

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Given the slow entry level for Nationals this year, the expense of renting time at Daytona, and the expensive entry fees for such an event, the financial risks are too high to have Nationals at Daytona next year. The plans have been shelved for the forseeable future.

Thanks for participating in the poll and all your comments.

cup944@aol.com

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:03 pm
Rookie Driver

I am shocked by the low registration when I signed up this morning. I was waiting to see if I survived Summit Point before I committed.....

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 pm
Driver

i know for me money is really tight this year thats why its taking me forever to sign up but ill be there, gota pickup some overtime this week haha

Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 am

JBRracing wrote:
i know for me money is really tight this year thats why its taking me forever to sign up but ill be there, gota pickup some overtime this week haha

The demographics of the entry list make Nationals look more like a North Chapter event with a few visitors from Ontario. No South Chapter entries and no drivers from Quebec. Considering the concept behind "Nationals", brings into question the viability of the event, the banquet and the our chapters going forward.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:17 am
Rookie Driver

I only went once to the Nationals and it was in 2010 at VIR. It was an amazing event with World Challenge. We even had a standing start. I will always remember that race weekend, it was simply AMAZING.

The event was at the beginning of September, when the season was not over yet up here in Qc. You know, when we still have budget to go racing...

Maybe that the October date is too late in the Calendar? Maybe the guys from southern USA are not willing to travel North at that period of year, when there is sometime cold rain or even snow...

I undestand that VIR is long way for many of us, but the track is great.

Just food for thought.

c.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:40 am

951Charles wrote:
I only went once to the Nationals and it was in 2010 at VIR. It was an amazing event with World Challenge. We even had a standing start. I will always remember that race weekend, it was simply AMAZING.

The event was at the beginning of September, when the season was not over yet up here in Qc. You know, when we still have budget to go racing...

Maybe that the October date is too late in the Calendar? Maybe the guys from southern USA are not willing to travel North at that period of year, when there is sometime cold rain or even snow...

I undestand that VIR is long way for many of us, but the track is great.

Just food for thought.

c.

Last year Nationals was a week later and the Quebec drivers had a presence. And the Canada chapter had the same number of events as last year. So budget and timing are comparable.

VIR is a great facility. Need to have someone racing there who will have us to be able to go back. I tried to go back this this year, but there were no takers. And no longer on World Challenge calendar.

Realize the options are limited, and will be more so as clubs like this years host (SCCA) are less willing partners going forward with such light turnouts.

Additionally, if Nationals is moved up earlier in the season, the Annual Awards Banquet becomes a casualty. And while the banquet is not a must do, gathering together each year to recognize the accomplishments of the drivers helps build comraderie among the drivers, crew and friends of the series.

The series has done relatively well as an independent grassroots series over the years in scheduling events because of the notable driver particpation. The future of Nationals, individual chapters and the series as a whole depends on driver participation. As more and more drivers decide not to participate, no matter how valid the reason, the events and the chapters and eventually the series will disappear.

I do alot to overcome issues facing the series each year and keep the ball rolling, but in the end there is no overcoming a lack of drivers.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next