View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
944 Cup Nationals 2012 

cris.brady wrote:
Dave, will there be a test day on Friday?

Friday on Thunderbolt is rented to Shattenbaum Region of PCA. Guessing you can sign up there.

cup944@aol.com

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:41 am
Driver

hey dave will there be scales and dyno at the track id like to make some spring adjustments and also would like to have my car tuned to squeeze out some extra power?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:05 pm

JBRracing wrote:
hey dave will there be scales and dyno at the track id like to make some spring adjustments and also would like to have my car tuned to squeeze out some extra power?

Yes, scales open 10 to 4 on Saturday. 9 to 10 on Sunday

cup944@aol.com

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:00 pm

During the event SCCA will broadcast the RMonitor feed for competitors and they also support the Race Monitor app - so results can be reviewed in real time. There will be a separate page in the Race Information which explains the access methods.

cup944@aol.com

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:07 pm

The draft schedule currently includes a 15 minute practice and a 15 minute qual session Saturday morning, followed by a 16 lap Regional race for all Chapters,which will also set the grid for Sunday's National Championship race. Sunday has a 15 warm up in the morning with a 25 lap National Championship race shortly after lunch.

cup944@aol.com

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Driver

^ I like it ^
Now, will the Saturday regional determine qualifying position for Sunday by best lap or finishing order?
This has been misconstrued in the past.

SuperCup #57, National Champion 2011 and 2012
www.frankcelenza.com/racing.php

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:28 pm
Profile WWW

DrFranz wrote:
^ I like it ^
Now, will the Saturday regional determine qualifying position for Sunday by best lap or finishing order?
This has been misconstrued in the past.

Finishing position

cup944@aol.com

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:21 pm
Rookie Driver

Good evening

I'd like to introduce myself. I am a member of the Jersey Racing Board and the liaison to 944 Cup Series for the 2012 Nationals. Since the JRB reached our agreement to host the Nationals this year, we have committed our group to organizing a enjoyable, high quality event, one befitting of your national championship. I have been working with Dave to integrate the Nationals into our traditional Jersey Road Racing Classic (which we affectionately call 'The Jerk'). I think we have a pretty good program for you.

I see that Dave has answered several of your questions about this year's event. I am planning to visit your forum regularly and be available with answers and advice for this year's event.

We are currently finalizing the details for our Race Information and plan to open Registration later this week (Wednesday or Thursday). We use the DLB online registration system ( http://www.dlbracing.com ) for our event. For competitors already registered with DLB, you can login and set the filter bar for Club = South Jersey Region SCCA and the Event Type = Club Race All. The two events in October 2012 are the 944 Cup National Championship and the Jersey Road Racing Classic. If you have never used DLB before, you can click on Login to get new account setup instructions. I'll be here to answer any questions which may arise.

BTW I am particularly pleased to see the 944 Cup Series visit our event since my daily driver is the 944 that I purchased new in 1984.

See ya at the Nationals

Terry Hanushek

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:42 pm
Driver

Thank you for introducing yourself Terry and for the registration information. We all look forward to a successful event that is beneficial to both of our organizations.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:08 am
Driver

And I will echo, on behalf of my fellow 944Cup racers, that we are delighted to have you at the helm helping us out for this event, Terry. I can say that I had the pleasure of competing in two of your ProIT events this year and found them to be among the most enjoyable and well run contests that I can remember. (not to mention; competitive!)
I'm really looking forward to our nationals with SCCA.

SuperCup #57, National Champion 2011 and 2012
www.frankcelenza.com/racing.php

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next