View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
2010 Nationals 
Site Admin

Official results are available at: http://www.44cup.com/nationals-10

'08 spec.B | '85 944 | '08 848

Rockin' the Cup since '02 | 3rd, 6th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 5th, 13th (PT), 18th (PT), 6th (Team D), 3rd (Team D)

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=593393

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:20 pm

A couple of other features of SCCA Pro Racing I appreciated was the FIA start on Sunday using the tree of lights that go from all off......all lights on....... all lights off....go!!!!!!!!

Also like the use of FIA flagging rules, especially the Red Flag that when displayed means to stop racing and proceed to the pits. Always thought the club race/DE rules requiring all cars come to a stop on track with a red flag was a very bad idea. Have seen so many near misses and worse when some cars stop and others stop late. Just not a good idea to stop cars on a race track.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:00 pm
Driver

Nice to see races of proper lengths, 20 laps each.
What happens to Wilson in race 1, that he drops off at the start and then climbs back up?

SuperCup #57, National Champion 2011 and 2012
www.frankcelenza.com/racing.php

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:20 am
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

Its been a hectic 3 days, back from the "big one", had to hit the ground running.

I want to take a moment and thank a few people:

Thanks Dave, for putting this whole thing together, the series and most recently our 1st pro race as a series, helluva good job. When was the last time (what year/location) a 944 series ran as a pro race?

Racers Edge/Karl, for stepping up as our Title Sponsor for 2010, your support on and off the track helps us be all we can be out there on the grid.

Team Hardent, Simon, for introducing a new and relevant award into the series, there are several people worthy of such an award that give and support selflessly, im proud to be its first winner and thank you.

Hoosier Tire, what can I can, best tire on the planet, thank you for you round after round series support.

Thank you to our other sponsors for their support and products that support the driver and race community. MantisSport, Lindsey Racing, Tarett Engineering, A Part Above, High Strung 44, Rennbay, Fightceuticals, NewSouth Performance, 9 Magazine, Sleep Inn & Suites - Danville.

Big Joe
#08 944 Cup
2010 Sportsman of the year.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:25 pm
Driver

Big Joe wrote:
Its been a hectic 3 days, back from the "big one", had to hit the ground running.

I want to take a moment and thank a few people:

Thanks Dave, for putting this whole thing together, the series and most recently our 1st pro race as a series, helluva good job. When was the last time (what year/location) a 944 series ran as a pro race?

Racers Edge/Karl, for stepping up as our Title Sponsor for 2010, your support on and off the track helps us be all we can be out there on the grid.

Team Hardent, Simon, for introducing a new and relevant award into the series, there are several people worthy of such an award that give and support selflessly, im proud to be its first winner and thank you.

Hoosier Tire, what can I can, best tire on the planet, thank you for you round after round series support.

Thank you to our other sponsors for their support and products that support the driver and race community. MantisSport, Lindsey Racing, Tarett Engineering, A Part Above, High Strung 44, Rennbay, Fightceuticals, NewSouth Performance, 9 Magazine, Sleep Inn & Suites - Danville.

Big Joe
#08 944 Cup
2010 Sportsman of the year.

You deserve for sure Joe with all of the cooking duties while trying to get your own car ready to race. The perfect pick to start off that award.

Though I thanked Dave and all others who helped put on the event elsewhere in the forum, I want to echo what Joe said about Racer's Edge/Karl and all of the other sponsors. Thanks to all for your support. Especially Hoosier since I've actually won some tires this year. ;)

2008 MA Championship 10th
2009 MA Championship T-13th
2010 MA Championship 4th
2011 North Championship 5th
2012 North Championship 4th
2013 North Championship 1st

Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:12 am
Rookie Driver

DrFranz wrote:
Nice to see races of proper lengths, 20 laps each.
What happens to Wilson in race 1, that he drops off at the start and then climbs back up?

I went too hot into Oak Tree with Chris Green in the Hardent car on my bumper and got squirrelly with cold tires and too much trail braking. Almost saved it but the car started to come around so instead of spinning it and blocking the track I elected to play it safe and drive off to the left and get it back under control and catch back up. I'll post some video as soon as I get a chance to edit out the boring stuff. Chris said he had a good shot of it with his camera. Should have finished second in the first race but miscalculated fuel (40 minutes, not 30 bonehead) and had to back off for the last six laps or so to keep from running out on track or leaning out the mixture and burning up a motor.

SuperCup #215
1986 Porsche 944 N/A Son Robbie's car
2015 Cup National Champion

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:47 pm

A few brief moments of Nationals hopefully will get on the TV broadcast of the World Challenge race:

VIRginia International Raceway
DATE: September 10-12, 2010
ROUND: 10/11
BROADCAST: On VERSUS
October 30, 2010
3pm

Also on http://www.world-challengeTV.com after initial broadcast

cup944@aol.com

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14