View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Super Cup 
Rookie Driver

This is a shame as Monday is my 1st event this year after an issue at work mean't I had to let racing take a back seat for a while.
However the issue was finally resolved last week and so racing resumes.

Best of luck to you and everyone in the series Dave if there is no more SuperCup, but I will still see you all what ever happens at VIR in the Spring or WGI/NJMP in October provided the car is ready

Gary

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:19 pm
Rookie Driver

My issue was more with NASA than with SuperCup or the rules. I will likely never run with NASA again. The weight tweak was a good start though.

I ran a couple races with PCA this year (in SP3 class). Best I could do with buying a new house and changing jobs.

I had no interest in Nationals when I saw the standing start stuff. I didn't want any parts of that. Date conflicted with a work trip anyway.

Guess I will have to convert to F class PCA to keep racing. Like my car too much to sell it.

'03 IS300 5MT

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:09 am
Driver

At least one the SuperCup 951 guys has gone to NASA GTS3 Where they can run at at 2800 to 2900 lbs. I am told that running a turbo at 3150 or 3250 lbs just isn't as much fun.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:09 pm
Rookie Driver

johntorg wrote:
At least one the SuperCup 951 guys has gone to NASA GTS3 Where they can run at at 2800 to 2900 lbs. I am told that running a turbo at 3150 or 3250 lbs just isn't as much fun.

I've considered going into GT3 especially now if there is no SuperCup.
From what I read you can run DOT tyres and approx 11:1 power to weight ratio and set up the car pretty much how ever you want.
At 230whp you would run around 2600lbs!!

Is it official that there is no SuperCup next year?

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Garylimey wrote:
johntorg wrote:
Is it official that there is no SuperCup next year?

The plan is to drop the SC class from the 944 Cup. Our decision does not effect the PCA SP3 class under the control of PCA. The NE has been the last bastion of SC cars. We may be running mostly,if not all, the 944 Cup races in the NE with PCA. Suppose if there were enough SP3 cars running in the NE, could entertain the thought of maintaining the standings for a NE regional championship for 2011. There would be no National class for SC.

cup944@aol.com

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:37 pm
Driver

Despite great efforts, there is frustration at the inability to establish parity between the Turbos and NA's. I don't know if it's even possible to achieve, but I continue to enjoy the series nonetheless. And of course, there are a few that exploit unfair advantages. I like the class, I love the cars, and from what I'm hearing lately, the cheating in 944Cup has become even worse! I'm staying on board, where ever we wind up.

SuperCup #57, National Champion 2011 and 2012
www.frankcelenza.com/racing.php

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

DrFranz wrote:
Despite great efforts, there is frustration at the inability to establish parity between the Turbos and NA's. I don't know if it's even possible to achieve, but I continue to enjoy the series nonetheless. And of course, there are a few that exploit unfair advantages. I like the class, I love the cars, and from what I'm hearing lately, the cheating in 944Cup has become even worse! I'm staying on board, where ever we wind up.

From my understanding and my very little experience of the 944Cup and after talking with lots of people, to avoid cheating, why would the serie buys 30 DME with stock OEM chip, each one numbered?

Then everybody would randomly receive one before each race, and not the same at each race. That would make it easy for our own engine tuning at home.

As per internal modifications that are not allowed, there is nothing a good tech couldn't catch.

A stock engine with a stock DME can meet the 144hp limit. Or you just allow any internal modifications so you don't have to police that but leave the random DME and set the hp limit a bit higher. Where else can the cheating could come from?

Just an idea. I know that PCA allows chips in DME's but for the Cup, the stock DME would come from the serie itself.

I might not have all the necessary information in hand to make that comment though.

c.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:25 pm

DrFranz wrote:
Despite great efforts, there is frustration at the inability to establish parity between the Turbos and NA's.

Ah yes, now I am reminded why we have reached this point to drop the SC from the series...the never ending bickering over the rules, the Turbos vs the NAs, the finger pointing, and on, and on..... it's time to let someone else deal with these issues.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:44 pm
Driver

Well, it's not for a lack of trying, from what I could see. A shame, as it was a good series and a great place to wring these fantastic cars out. In the end, the competitors themselves did it in. Still, there are plenty of places to race these cars and continue to enjoy them.

SuperCup #57, National Champion 2011 and 2012
www.frankcelenza.com/racing.php

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

An S2 has been the National Champion in SuperCup 4 of the last 5 years Frank. What other concessions would you like from us Turbo guys? :P

'03 IS300 5MT

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next