View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
SEC Schedule 2010 

johntorg wrote:
.........I am disappointed that the situation has come to this........ plan to race in the NASA events currently listed on the 944Cup SE website. Once the official SEC schedule is published, I will probably only attend the PCA events..........this decision will definitely limit my participation.

John:

I too am disappointed with how NASA SE has treated us during the last year, but our keeping NASA events in the SEC schedule in 2009 has not changed their behavior. So we adjust accordingly. I will say their is a chance that a couple of NASA SE events could be included in 2010 at the insistence of John Mock.
But if so, these would be the only Cup events for NASA SE as they will not otherwise be authorized to run the Cup classes at other dates. And whatever you decide John, best of luck to you in 2010.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:28 am
Driver

Nick, I am in Beaufort, SC and participated in your 944Cup event at Roebling, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I will probably not attend the Sebring event because of the travel distance and the high entry fees. I may make some later PCA events in your region.

Dave, Thanks for the reply. I am and will remain a supporter of the 944Cup, which even as a back-marker, I enjoyed. John Mock has done an outstanding job with the SEC region. I am glad he has managed to include some NASA races in the 2010 schedule. I believe this accurately represents the desire of the active participants in the SEC. Regarding the SCCA, do we need to obtain an SCCA log book to race with them?

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:18 pm
Driver

That is unfortunate that NASA chose sides in this...perhaps in retrospect not such a wise business decision. I have encountered the " our way or the highway" attitude of the Spec management and this was honestly why I chose 944 Cup for the Northwest racers. We need an inclusive program, not an exclusive one that will not listen to their customers, (the racers) when choosing rulesets.
We will be more than happy to welcome any and all 944 Spec racers to our NW series as we always have in the past. We will be runninng with an appreciative SCCA, ICSCC and most likely at least one PCA event. They can all install the chips and headers that Spec had them remove and just have some fun! Greg F.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:10 pm
Profile WWW

Here is the schedule for SEC 2010:

Feb 19-20-21 VIR Full Course (NASA/MA)
Mar 26/28 Road Atlanta (PCA)
July 17-18 –Road Atlanta (SCCA)
Sept 4-5 Barber (SCCA)
Oct 29/31 Carolina Motorsports Park (PCA)
Nov 5-7 – Road Atlanta (SCCA)

The schedule does not include any NASA SE events as we were not able to come to any resolution to the recurring problems with the NASA Director. The NASA Director along with John Mock, the Cup Director, we're insistent that a minimum of 5 NASA SE events needed to be on the Cup 2010 schedule. We could not accomodate that stipulation. The result is that there are no NASA SE events on our SEC schedule and John Mock has stepped down from his position as CUP SEC Director.

John has been with the series longer then any other regional Director and has done a great job in his position there, in addition to being a good friend and a great addition to the field of racers in the series. His presence at Cup races will be missed. A huge thanks to John for all his time and efforts.

Anyone interested in stepping in as the new CUP SEC Director can contact me at cup944@aol.com.

cup944@aol.com

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:04 am
Driver

John Mock thanks for all that you have done for us in the Southeast.

DD,

The March and October races with PCA usually have 90 minute Enduros.

Will the Enduro races count as double points in 2010?

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:16 pm
Rookie Driver

It is disappointing that this issue could not be resolved. I think John Mock has been a super advocate of 944 cup and he is part of the reason why I and Big Joe have been interested in participating in 2010. I wish there could have been a way to work things out with NASA as I would have been able to run the whole season. With the new schedule, i will be lucky if I can make 2 events!

Joey Sullivan
#29 SE

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2