View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
SEC Schedule 2010 

We are still working on next year's SEC schedule for 2010, but just a heads' up that the 2010 events will be run with PCA and SCCA. That being the case, at NASA membership and comp license would not be needed to run SEC events.

We hope to have the final schedule by the end of this month.

cup944@aol.com

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:30 am

SCCA dates that we may be running in 2010:

. July 17-18 – Double SARRC at Road Atlanta

. Sep 4-5 (Labor Day weekend) – Double SARRC at Barber

. Nov 5-7 – ARRC by GRM at Road Atlanta (20-lap race on Saturday, Three Hour on Sunday)

Possible PCA Dates:

Mar 26/28
Road Atlanta

Oct 29/31
Carolina Motorsports Park

Dec 3/5
Roebling Road Raceway

cup944@aol.com

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:13 pm

Add another possible date for the SEC at Nashville Speedway on June 19-20 with SCCA.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:21 am
Rookie Driver

Is this schedule the official schedule?

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:37 pm
Driver

I have already signed up and paid for the first 4 NASA events listed on the SE 944Cup website http://southeast.44cup.com/ . Are they no longer 944Cup Races? Can anyone please explain the politics of the current situation? If no-one wants to make that public please e-mail me.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:25 am

We have not decided on nor published a 944 Cup schedule for the SEC. I have been discussing the subject with John Mock for weeks now, evaluting our options.

On NASA vs SCCA and PCA, it has been painfully obviously that NASA National has decided to minimize their support of the 944 Cup across the Nation, and instead have chosen 944 spec as their 944 class. NASA National has removed Cup from the NASA forums, pulled our tire contingencies, along with other NASA contingency programs, etc., etc.

This all tells me to continue on long term, we need to continue to develop our relationships with other sanctioning bodies to have a place to race, otherwise one day soon we could find ourselves with no place to race.

Minimizingthe 944 Cup involvemnet has been demonstrated on a local level by the NASA Directors in the Great Lakes and SE, so overall our relationship with NASA as continued to decline. At the last race of the season in GLC, the NASA Director orchestrated the switch of all the 944 Cup entries over to GTS without notice, except for a couple of Cup drivers that complained and refused to run GTS. In the SEC, the NASA Directors has taken numerous actions to the detrement of the Cup series from taking us off the their Registration at the beginning of last season, w/o notice, to most recently removing our posts to market the series from the NASA forums, once again without notice or discussion.

In the end, we need to be running with sanctioning bodies who appreciate our presence and want to work with us to promote the series. NASA has made a business decision that we are not their preferred classes for 944's. And while NASA runs good race events and has some good race dates and tracks, we need to accept that decision and make the best choices for the series, all things considered. We will continue to run with NASA in those locations where we are treated with due respect and fair treatment as we have rec'd from their MidAtlantic and NorthEast regions.

Our future is not just with NASA, its just the natural evolution that takes place in racing and in business in general. We just cant be blind to what is happening. The economy has now provided us the opportunity to develop these other relationships, so we are fortunate in that respect.

We have had many good years and events with NASA, and we appreciate those times, now we need to move in the direction that is best for the series.

We hope to have the SEC schedule finalized very soon and will publish it here.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:47 am
Rookie Driver

Does this mean we will be loosing our tire contingencies in every region?

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:08 pm
Driver

Dave, I appreciate your candor. As the 2nd most active (tied with Tim Pruitt) 944Cup driver in 2009 (14 Starts) after John Mock, I am disappointed that the situation has come to this. I have never felt unwelcome at the NASA SE events, and plan to race in the NASA events currently listed on the 944Cup SE website. Once the official SEC schedule is published, I will probably only attend the PCA events. I don't know what the other active participants in the SEC 944Cup are planning, but this decision will definitely limit my participation.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:31 pm
Rookie Driver

Johntorg, where are you located?

http://www.ntechmotorsport.com
863 288 9660

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:17 pm

SteveK wrote:
Does this mean we will be loosing our tire contingencies in every region?

NASA dropped us from their Hoosier tire contingency in 2009 in every Chapter. An example of NASA's withdrawing support from the series.

As a result I had to go to Hoosier to workout a separate 944 Cup tire contingency program otherwise the Cup would not have had a tire contingency program for 2009. We were fortunate that Hoosier stepped up for us. Hoosier is in the process of doing thier budget for 2010 and we are being considered for renewal of the program. When I know something about the 2010 tire program, I'll post here.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next