View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
2012 Schedule News 
Rookie Driver

Last year we favored the North....how about a little Mid-Atlantic love this year or it least 50-50!

Dave Gibson #52
Cup Mid-Atlantic

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 am

Racrdave52 wrote:
Last year we favored the North....how about a little Mid-Atlantic love this year or it least 50-50!

Trying for that. I think the 2012 schedule is a good combination right now. I compare it to the MA schedules when we did SP and VIR. NJMP is the new VIR except closer for most of the MA drivers, and then we have a SP and VIR date.

Shenadoah would likely be the next option but I think its a long shot for IMG to get a Spring date The Beav is likely the next date because of the price and run grp arrangements.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:39 am
Rookie Driver

A tentative agreement has been reached with SCCA (club race) to host the 944 Cup Nationals for 2012. The venue is NJMP/Thunderbolt Circuit . The date is October 20/21. The event will be part of SCCA's Jersey Road Racing Classic.

On SCCA schedule they are showing this race on Lightning.....

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Provost wrote:
A tentative agreement has been reached with SCCA (club race) to host the 944 Cup Nationals for 2012. The venue is NJMP/Thunderbolt Circuit . The date is October 20/21. The event will be part of SCCA's Jersey Road Racing Classic.

On SCCA schedule they are showing this race on Lightning.....

There has never been a published schedule showing the JRRC on Lightning for 2012 as reported to me by SCCA. This event was held on Lightning in 2011 which may be contributing to the confusion. The current Northeast Division is posted on the NEDiv website: http://www.nediv.com/index.php/nediv-in ... v-schedule . This is the official schedule

cup944@aol.com

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:29 am

Director wrote:

Plan on this:

PCA - Watkins Glen June 1-3
SCCA - Mosport June 22-24
PCA - Mosport July 6-8
IMSA - Calabogie August 10-12

With 3 races each event

Noise Restriction at Calabogie(CMP)

944 Cup shall be responsible for ensuring its Participants respect the Mandatory Noise Restriction of 100 dBA or lesser without exception. This reading will be taken on a full acceleration pass by at a minimum distance of 50 feet. In order to enforce the Mandatory Noise Restriction, CMP will measure noise levels of vehicles and/or equipment prior to being granted access to the track. At its own discretion, CMP may also conduct noise level testing at various points around the track facilities at various times during the event with its own method of measurement and choice of equipment.

Licenses and Log Books @ CMP

Each driver will required to have a current race competition license and race car log book from one of the following recognized organizations: SCCA, PCA, NASA or CASC.

cup944@aol.com

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:09 am

Director wrote:
Racrdave52 wrote:

Shenadoah would likely be the next option but I think its a long shot for IMG to get a Spring date The Beav is likely the next date because of the price and run grp arrangements.

Shenadoah is definintely now out of the equation.

cup944@aol.com

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:19 am
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:
But, here is what I know for sure :

June 1/3 Watkins Glen pca
June 22/24 VIR pca
July 28/29 NJMP Lightning emra
Sept 8/9 NJMP Lightning emra
Sept 28/30 Glen or SP

Bummer that the June race at VIR is the same weekend as Mosport with WC.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:58 pm
Rookie Driver

SteveR wrote:
Bummer that the June race at VIR is the same weekend as Mosport with WC.

Yeah I saw that too. I was hoping to go back to Mosport for that.

#88 1989 944 NA
Tales from the Dark Side of Racing

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Driver

Guys come to the Upper Canada PCA club race July 6-8 and get reacquainted with Mosport. Now if only Dave could make it a dual chapter event! ;)

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:09 pm
Rookie Driver

comatb wrote:
Guys come to the Upper Canada PCA club race July 6-8 and get reacquainted with Mosport. Now if only Dave could make it a dual chapter event! ;)

That was my backup plan. Gotta coordinate around the US Independence Day holiday family plans.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next