View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
2012 Schedule News 
Rookie Driver

Ok Doc. I'll have to give you that since I didn't get a chance to run the track without the chicane - and I agree - from all the videos I saw before we went that the track was going to be cool- but not to be with the chicane. I personally think NASA wanted it in to keep the speeds down for their HPDE run groups- maybe someone can confirm that. Otherwise - why was it included ?

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:32 pm
Driver

I think the facilitiy has some drainage issues, standing water seems to be a problem there, and I think we ran the chicane to avoid a big puddle. Speculation on my part, but don't forget that we did not use it on Saturday, only after the big storm we went back to it.

SuperCup #57, National Champion 2011 and 2012
www.frankcelenza.com/racing.php

Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:29 pm
Profile WWW

Madmax wrote:
........ Sad thing is that NJMP has so much going for it as far the amenities, condos & garages etc.- but the track itself was not conducive for any real racing......

I would disagree about NJMP not being conducive to real racing....at least by my definition. I watched a lot of video from Nationals weekend, and I saw a ton of passing. Tyler Comat went from last to 3rd on Sunday, thats real racing.

Additionally the NJMP has better runoff space compared to many tracks minimizing the cars that get eaten up from off track excursions, especially compared to the Glen and the blue barriers. Then there is the cost. Rentals fees could be 50 percent or more for track time, garage rentals and catering. At what point does the entry fee keep drivers away.

And can we get a dyno there? I've never seen one there.

Also consider NJMP is more centrally located for Cup drivers from North to South.

Obviously the Glen is the more popular track and has more history, but we're lucky to have a facilty like NJMP at our disposal and I would not be disappointed in the least to take Nationals back.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:33 pm
Rookie Driver

All good points Dave- and that's why we have a forum whereby everyone can voice their opinions. Hey- just trying to get the group engaged to see what other points and thoughts were out there. There's not much else going on at this time of year !
You have 100% support from our team and we love the series.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:31 am
Driver

That's another valid point for sure; that the NJMP circuits, both of them, offer plenty of runoff. I've always felt very safe there. The Glen is fantastic of course, but they sure do wreck a lot of cars there.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

I drive at t-bolt a least 4 days a month... The Chicane is a great equalizer for low Hp cars like mine. without it you just stomp the gas from turn 2 till 4... boy that takes skill (boring) With the Chicane it is a drivers course. My 2 cents.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:02 pm
Rookie Driver

You all have great angles and I agree with all but most of all Robbie's in regards to the equalizer/chicaine :!:

Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Driver

For low HP cars I could see where that's valid. In slightly more powerful cars 3 is not automically flat; you have to finess it and when you get a good run you're rewarded with a passing opp into or out of 4. Personally, it's my favorite section of T-Bolt.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

I agree with DD and Provost. NJMP was an excellent track to hold the 2011 championship at. I felt the chicane was a great feature that could be added to the track. I didn't feel that I was restricted on making passes either, there were plenty of places to make great passes.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:07 pm

The Glen is first on my priority list for the 2011 Nationals. This is because of the popularity of the track, its notoriety, and Nationals has not been there yet. I do not see the Glen being a regular site for Nationals because of the expense and extreme northen location.

I am of the belief that the best racing we have experienced at Nationals to date took place this year at NJMP when you look at the entire field. As already discussed by several drivers, I do think this was because of the technical nature of the track configuration, especially with the chicane, and the lack of lengthy straights were power differentials make more of a difference.

Hopefully the location of Nationals will get settled this week. I will post here as soon as I have something close to definite.

cup944@aol.com

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next