View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 10:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
2012 Schedule News 
Rookie Driver

Tremblant Fall Classic is scheduled September 21-23 2012 according to their website. If we did get Watkins Glen for Nationals what is the possibility of moving the Tremblant race to May 25-27. That way we don't race the weekend before Nationals.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:22 pm
Rookie Driver

[quote] " Tremblant Fall Classic is scheduled September 21-23 2012 according to their website. If we did get Watkins Glen for Nationals what is the possibility of moving the Tremblant race to May 25-27. That way we don't race the weekend before Nationals. "

That would be a perfect scenario and I think the turnout from outside Quebec would be far better in May. Also, we could pass on the Glen PCA race on June 1. Having the Nationals at the Glen at the end of Sept. would be awesome. Let's face it- racing the Nationals on Nov. 1 weekend in New Jersey is really rolling the dice weather-wise. We just missed getting dumped on with a lot of snow from the Nor'easter. If we need to do it that late in the year then at least make it VIR or even further south.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:45 pm
Rookie Driver

Madmax wrote:
Quote:
" Tremblant Fall Classic is scheduled September 21-23 2012 according to their website. If we did get Watkins Glen for Nationals what is the possibility of moving the Tremblant race to May 25-27. That way we don't race the weekend before Nationals. "

That would be a perfect scenario and I think the turnout from outside Quebec would be far better in May. Also, we could pass on the Glen PCA race on June 1. Having the Nationals at the Glen at the end of Sept. would be awesome. Let's face it- racing the Nationals on Nov. 1 weekend in New Jersey is really rolling the dice weather-wise. We just missed getting dumped on with a lot of snow from the Nor'easter. If we need to do it that late in the year then at least make it VIR or even further south.

Same problem here with the May event at Mt-Tremblant, which would be a week before PCA at the Glen. Same as in the end of September.

BUT, like madmax says, if we skip The Glen with PCA, go at Mt-Tremblant in May and go at the Glen for the NAtionals in September, that would work out perfectly.

And I think that we could even have our own run group at the Spring Classic at Mt-Tremblant. I had this conversation with an employee and it may work. Management is tough there, but 22-25 cars may convince them.

And for us, locals, its a 2 day event. There is an optional practice day on the Friday.

c.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:51 pm

Madmax wrote:
Quote:
" Tremblant Fall Classic is scheduled September 21-23 2012 according to their website. If we did get Watkins Glen for Nationals what is the possibility of moving the Tremblant race to May 25-27. That way we don't race the weekend before Nationals. "

According to Simon, Sept 28-29- 30 for MT. Have contacted MT track officials looking for an early option should the Glen date be an option for us. No word back yet.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:24 pm

951Charles wrote:

And I think that we could even have our own run group at the Spring Classic at Mt-Tremblant. I had this conversation with an employee and it may work. Management is tough there, but 22-25 cars may convince them.
c.

If anyone has any influence or connections at Tremblant, any help would be appreciated to secure options. Thanks

cup944@aol.com

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:28 pm
Driver

I stand corrected on that Summit Point conflict, sorry. In any case, I was not able to do either that or the Glen this year due to a personal conflict.

To me, though, Nationals should be the last event of the year, as it crowns champions.

Nevertheless, I'll do whatever I can with whatever schedule eventually comes out. I'm already depressed that the season is over.

SuperCup #57, National Champion 2011 and 2012
www.frankcelenza.com/racing.php

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Driver

DrFranz wrote:
I'm already depressed that the season is over.

Frank put some really good Champagne in your championship trophy and enjoy it :lol:

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:48 pm

DrFranz wrote:
Nevertheless, I'll do whatever I can with whatever schedule eventually comes out. I'm already depressed that the season is over.

Spoken like a true Champion, looking to get his second name plate on the Cup

cup944@aol.com

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:12 pm
Rookie Driver

Looks like I can attend all the north races on the tenitive schedule :D as I have to be at the PCA races anyway for track support for my customers.

As far as rolex goes 20 racers at 500 each is 10k...but that is a lot of money for limited track time and if something goes wrong we would loose more time as the big race on tv comes first....let me know who wants to get in to the rolex as I have a little pull :D

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:14 pm
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:
If anyone has any influence or connections at Tremblant, any help would be appreciated to secure options. Thanks

Not an easy task. I will check with some members of their private club.

c.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next