View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
2012 Schedule News 
Driver

I'd be fine at the Glen, I'll be fine anywhere.
I even like the idea of moving around.

Like I said, just bring it on!

SuperCup #57, National Champion 2011 and 2012
www.frankcelenza.com/racing.php

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:23 am
Profile WWW

Just off the phone with NASA, the prelimanary decision is that their September Glen fills up and there would not be enough time in the weekend for the Cup to get its own run grp. Final decision to come next week. The possibility for this date to be a regional date for the North and/or Canada Chapter exists if we can get assurance of a split start with another of their race grps. May not be worth doing as a regional event for either chapter if this is the only NASA event being done. A regional date with NASA could have a better chance for tire contingencies.

Likely fall back position for Nationals is NJMP with NASA or SCCA. in October.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:10 pm
Rookie Driver

So then, may I suggest this schedule for the Canada Chapter:

PCA - Watkins Glen June 1-3
SCCA - Mosport June 22-24
PCA - Mosport July 6-8
Calabogie August 10-12
Mt-Tremblant September 23-25

We will only have to pay for 2 racing licences. It covers what most of the guys here would like to do.

c.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:20 pm

951Charles wrote:
So then, may I suggest this schedule for the Canada Chapter:

PCA - Mosport July 6-8
Calabogie August 10-12
Mt-Tremblant September 23-25

We will only have to pay for 2 racing licences. It covers what most of the guys here would like to do.

c.

Despite the efforts of our Canadian Cup drivers, there has been no change in the status of tremblant as track management has not agreed in providing Cup cars a separate run grp or a split start. Also, a Nasa license may be required anyway, for Nationals.

Ps. Not yet sure a scca license is required for mosport or what licensing will be needed for calabogie.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:16 pm
Rookie Driver

I guess that SCCA will require us to have an SCCA licence just like they did at the Nationals in 2010.

I don't think Calabogie will require us an IMSA licence. As long as we have a valid licence issued by a sanctionning body.

So far, I don't foresee any run groups for the 944 Cup only at Mt-Tremblant for any of the races they are sanctionning.

We, the Quebec guys, will go race at Tremblant anyway. It's our home track and we will race on it. We are at least 15 cup cars up here. And we sometimes have a few fellow Ontario racers that come play with us. We are usually 20 944 cars on the track.

We are good supporters of the serie and we'd like to have it on the schedule.

c.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:41 am

951Charles wrote:
I guess that SCCA will require us to have an SCCA licence just like they did at the Nationals in 2010.

c.

Consider that the contract for the 2011 Nats race was with scca pro, while the contract for the mosport wc race will be with the mosport track.

951Charles wrote:
I don't think Calabogie will require us an IMSA licence. As long as we have a valid licence issued by a sanctionning body.

c.

The contract to race at Calabogie is with the track and I would expect licensing requirements to be set by the track and not IMSA. A similar arrangement as we will have with the mosport race with WC.

951Charles wrote:
So far, I don't foresee any run groups for the 944 Cup only at Mt-Tremblant for any of the races they are sanctionning.

We, the Quebec guys, will go race at Tremblant anyway. It's our home track and we will race on it. We are good supporters of the serie and we'd like to have it on the schedule.

c.

Disappointing that Tremblant officials have been so reluctant to provide us with any accomodations to sanction their events, not even a 944 Cup classification. We are only asking for the same as we get from scca pro, scca club, pca, nasa, emra, calabogie, etc. But its their track and their choice.

I'm sure the Quebec 944 drivers who race at Tremblant will enjoy themselves whether a Cup sanctioned event or not. Tremblant officials will also be glad to know the 944 racers will attend without having to provide the series any accomodation. The Cup schedule for Canada won't be as good without Tremblant, but will look for a replacement that will still make 2012 the best schedule to date for the Canada Chapter.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:39 pm
Rookie Driver

Any news for our Canada Chapter schedule?

Tx.

c.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 am

951Charles wrote:
Any news for our Canada Chapter schedule?

Tx.

c.

Plan on this:

PCA - Mosport July 6-8
IMSA - Calabogie August 10-12

With 3 races each event

cup944@aol.com

Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:57 pm
Rookie Driver

Great!

Thanks Dave.

c.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:00 am

On the Canada schedule, I have not announced it as official so as to give a bit more time for a date at either Mt Tremblant or the Glen to work out. If one of these dates came thru we could drop the enduros in the pca races to make the numbers work.

I do not expect a change in the position of Tremblant management, but just in case the option is there and would be the first priority. A Sept Glen date as a regional is 50/50.

cup944@aol.com

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next