View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
2012 Schedule News 

951Charles wrote:
Director wrote:
I dont exactly understand. You mean that you would ship the PCA race in favor of a second race at Calabogie in September? Am I correct?

c.

That is a possibility.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 am
Rookie Driver

Tentative Canada Schedule looks great Dave- everything approx. 1 mo. apart and at great venues. Just my own opinion - I don't think replacing the PCA Mosport event to give back-to-back Calabogie dates would be a good thing for your car counts- especially on a regional CASC weekend. It's a long haul for a lot of the S. Ontario & any U.S. guys to attend and accomodations & ammenities near the track are VERY sparse along with strict noise restrictions. Again- just me talking.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:34 am

Madmax wrote:
Tentative Canada Schedule looks great Dave- everything approx. 1 mo. apart and at great venues. Just my own opinion - I don't think replacing the PCA Mosport event to give back-to-back Calabogie dates would be a good thing for your car counts- especially on a regional CASC weekend. It's a long haul for a lot of the S. Ontario & any U.S. guys to attend and accomodations & ammenities near the track are VERY sparse along with strict noise restrictions. Again- just me talking.

Appreciate everyones input. One of the reasons I posted where the schedule stands now.

Putting together schedules is filled with compromises and guesses. I've lost more firends, directors and business partners then I like to think about making schedule decisions. In the end, I just select dates based on what I think is best overall for the series. This approach has allowed drivers to enjoy weekends with Cup only race sessions, our own Nationals, pro weekends, and more.

The PCA Mosport date was the least attended Cup race in Canada last year. Low enough that we just satisfied the mimimum requirement for a split start which is a very high priority for me in scheduling dates. And as previously mentioned, pca does not provide us any financial incentives for scheduling a Cup race with them, meaning no help in paying the bills to run the series.

So, when we have a chance to replace a race weekend where we cant make any money and a split start is questionable with a race weekend where we can have our own race group and make money, serious consideration is given to the later option.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:52 am
Rookie Driver

Quote:
The North like this:
June 1-2 Watkins Glen pca 2 sprints
June 22/24 VIR pca 3 sprints
July 28/29 NJMP Lightning emra 2 or 3 sprints
Sept 8/9 NJMP Lightning emra 2 or 3 sprints
September 28-30 Summit Point pca 3 sprints

Other possible dates which could bump one or more of the races above:
Aug 18/19 BeaverRun 2 or 3 sprints
April 20 -22 NJMP Lightning nasa 2 or 3
Sept. 28 -30 Watkins Glen nasa 2 or 3 sprints

Hope we do the April 20th event with NASA. I'd hate to wait all the way to June for my 1st race. That's 7 months away! I might learn to enjoy life with money in the bank account instead of spending it on racing...

#88 1989 944 NA
Tales from the Dark Side of Racing

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

cris.brady wrote:
Hope we do the April 20th event with NASA. I'd hate to wait all the way to June for my 1st race. That's 7 months away! I might learn to enjoy life with money in the bank account instead of spending it on racing...

+1. In seven months I could screw up all kinds of things on my car in the name of "improvements."

Steve

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:26 am

Cris: I'd guess most share your position in the North though this was a lightly attended race last year. This weekend is a high priority. But its in the hands of NASA NE. I have requested 2 hrs of track time, and I'm told we are being considered along with other grps. Last year we did this weekend but NASA neglected to provide split starts as promised so we need to have our own time or it doesnt work.

cris.brady wrote:
Quote:
The North like this:
June 1-2 Watkins Glen pca 2 sprints
June 22/24 VIR pca 3 sprints
July 28/29 NJMP Lightning emra 2 or 3 sprints
Sept 8/9 NJMP Lightning emra 2 or 3 sprints
September 28-30 Summit Point pca 3 sprints

Other possible dates which could bump one or more of the races above:
Aug 18/19 BeaverRun 2 or 3 sprints
April 20 -22 NJMP Lightning nasa 2 or 3
Sept. 28 -30 Watkins Glen nasa 2 or 3 sprints

cup944@aol.com

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:31 am
Rookie Driver

Madmax wrote:

I agree. But still, the PCA race is only 2 weeks after the WC Mosport race. I'm pretty sure that we'll have a very good turnout at the WC venue. Here in QC, there's a lot of guys who like PCA races. Still, I don't expect any racers from the US coming back in such a short period of time. Most likely, 2012 turnout will be better than 2011, as a few QC guys were either in vacations or at other venues.

c.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:33 am
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:
Cris: I'd guess most share your position in the North though this was a lightly attended race last year. This weekend is a high priority. But its in the hands of NASA NE. I have requested 2 hrs of track time, and I'm told we are being considered along with other grps. Last year we did this weekend but NASA neglected to provide split starts as promised so we need to have our own time or it doesnt work.

EMRA?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:44 am
Driver

SteveR wrote:
cris.brady wrote:

+1. In seven months I could screw up all kinds of things on my car in the name of "improvements."

Steve

I'm all for it if said "improvements" slow you down. ;)

Seriously though, the April event would be nice to do again. Especially with less severe t-storm action this time. Since you mention it Dave, sounds like the fewer the PCA events the better and that is fine with me. I'm not a huge fan of how they run things and requires more vacation usage for their events.

Is NASA-MA still not a possibility? While our own run group is nice, I don't see it as a must. Sports car racing is all about multi-class racing.

Anyway Dave, keep up the good work and keep us posted.

2008 MA Championship 10th
2009 MA Championship T-13th
2010 MA Championship 4th
2011 North Championship 5th
2012 North Championship 4th
2013 North Championship 1st

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:49 am
Rookie Driver

How about Le Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières?

c.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next