View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
2012 Schedule News 

bobster4 wrote:

Is NASA-MA still not a possibility? While our own run group is nice, I don't see it as a must. Sports car racing is all about multi-class racing.

Would disagree that "Sports car racing is all about multi-class racing".
And if I had a Cup win for every driver who complained to me about being on track with E30's, Miatas, Spec Boxsters, 911's, Super Cup cars, etc., I'd be a 10 time Cup regional champ.

NASA/MA has operated under the policy of all or none with their schedule. When we combined Chapters in 2011 we could no longer live up to that requirement.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:51 pm
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:
SteveR wrote:
EMRA?

What?

I was replying to your comment about NASA at NJMP: "Last year we did this weekend but NASA neglected to provide split starts as promised so we need to have our own time or it doesnt work."

The EMRA organization at NJMP last year was very accommodating to us. I wondered if they might have a spring NJMP date this year that could be used instead of NASA.

Steve

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:03 pm
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:
And if I had a Cup win for every driver who complained to me about being on track with E30's, Miatas, Spec Boxsters, 911's, Super Cup cars, etc., I'd be a 10 time Cup regional champ.

But you only hear the complaints. Those of us who don't mind it, don't complain...

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:05 pm
Rookie Driver

944 Cup/SC/GT only run group are the best, IMHO.

For those who were at the PCA race at Mosport could recall that F stock 951. Damn it screwed our race (for us between position 5-10).

I started racing my GT3S 951 with PCA and I was a backmarker. That was unpleasant for me and for the others (I guess).

When the speed differential is too big, it's getting dangerous at some point. Although I'm no champion, I'm no slouch either and when doing the enduro at Tremblant, I got passed by a car that was 27 sec/lap quicker. I never saw him coming and I'm checking my mirrors. Got a bit surprised.

This year PCA WG event had lots of cars and it was great. Quickest cars were the SPB. I took them long before coming our way.

c.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:46 pm
Rookie Driver

With all due respect to those that don't mind multi-class racing - then why even be involved with the concept of a spec type class or series like 44 Cup. Why not just race PCA with everyone in 2 run groups and no one knows what's going on or who won their class or even care. There's nothing more pure & exciting to race (and watch ) a single class series. That's what made a lot of the SCCA classes famous : F/F ; F/V ; Spec Miata ; Spec Ford - to name a few. Winning a spec series type race is truly an achievement.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:01 pm
Driver

Director wrote:
bobster4 wrote:

Is NASA-MA still not a possibility? While our own run group is nice, I don't see it as a must. Sports car racing is all about multi-class racing.

Would disagree that "Sports car racing is all about multi-class racing".

NASA/MA has operated under the policy of all or none with their schedule. When we combined Chapters in 2011 we could no longer live up to that requirement.

Ah ok, didn't know that aspect of the NASA-MA deal. Thought it was more about our own run group.

2008 MA Championship 10th
2009 MA Championship T-13th
2010 MA Championship 4th
2011 North Championship 5th
2012 North Championship 4th
2013 North Championship 1st

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:18 pm
Rookie Driver

What about njmp PCA race in may 11-13 ?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Driver

Madmax wrote:
There's nothing more pure & exciting to race (and watch ) a single class series.

+1000% I totally agree! In multi-class racing the best race and maybe even the best driver may be lost way down in the overall standings..... what a shame :!:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:37 pm
Rookie Driver

What about my PCA race in August?? I will find out tonight if will be on T-bolt or Lightning. Talk was that our first race in May(with Rolex) is on T-bolt so the second race should be on Lightning...fill you in tomorow

-Robbie

Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:16 pm

951Charles wrote:
Madmax wrote:
...I don't think replacing the PCA Mosport event to give back-to-back Calabogie dates would be a good thing for your car counts & any U.S. guys to attend and accomodations & ammenities near the track are VERY sparse.

I agree. But still, the PCA race is only 2 weeks after the WC Mosport race. Here in QC, there's a lot of guys who like PCA races. Still, I don't expect any racers from the US coming back in such a short period of time. Most likely, 2012 turnout will be better than 2011, as a few QC guys were either in vacations or at other venues.

c.

The Mosport pca race was also lightly attended in 2010 with 12 cars suggesting that what ever the reason for drivers not attending in 2011 also existed in 2010 and will likely effect 2012. The U.S racers are not a factor worth consideration as we saw last year, even when it was a points race.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next