View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
2012 Schedule News 
Driver

Dave,

How much longer until the official North schedule is posted? If possible, could you at least post the dates that are official as of now? Just trying to get started on vacation planning for work. Thanks.

2008 MA Championship 10th
2009 MA Championship T-13th
2010 MA Championship 4th
2011 North Championship 5th
2012 North Championship 4th
2013 North Championship 1st

Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:55 pm

bobster4 wrote:
Dave,

How much longer until the official North schedule is posted? If possible, could you at least post the dates that are official as of now? Just trying to get started on vacation planning for work. Thanks.

The answer to that question still remains with NASA NE officials at least for now. Awaiting their reply on a September date at the Glen and a April date at NJMP. Much longer and I'll proceed with other choices we have though maybe not as good.

But, here is what I know for sure :

June 1/3 Watkins Glen pca
June 22/24 VIR pca
July 28/29 NJMP Lightning emra
Sept 8/9 NJMP Lightning emra
Sept 28/30 Glen or SP

Nationals: NJMP October 20/21

Then Possibly one of these:
May 19/20 BeaveRun
April 27/28 Lime Rock
Shenadoah April or May
NMJP April 20 -22

cup944@aol.com

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:48 pm

A tentative agreement has been reached with SCCA (club race) to host the 944 Cup Nationals for 2012. The venue is NJMP/Thunderbolt Circuit . The date is October 20/21. The event will be part of SCCA's Jersey Road Racing Classic.

SCCA is comping all drivers with a SCCA weekend membership and will accept comp licenses from PCA, NASA, and CASC for this event. No SCCA license required. SCCA will accept current log books from PCA, NASA, and SCCA.

The 944 Cup will have a Cup only dedicated run group. Registration will work through SCCA, details to be provided later.

SCCA will provide the highly regarded race support services including F&C, T&S, grid, pit, safety tech and emergency services. In addition, SCCA will also handle race announcements and podium ceremonies for the Nationals. The only responsibilities for 944 Cup will be compliance tech and competitor communications.

The event will be finalized when a written agreemnt is signed by both parties which I expect to happen in the next two weeks.

cup944@aol.com

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:08 am
Driver

Thanks Dave.

2010 MA Championship 4th

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:27 am
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:
A tentative agreement has been reached with SCCA (club race) to host the 944 Cup Nationals for 2012. The venue is NJMP/Thunderbolt Circuit . The date is October 20/21. The event will be part of SCCA's Jersey Road Racing Classic.

SCCA is comping all drivers with a SCCA weekend membership and will accept comp licenses from PCA, NASA, and CASC for this event. No SCCA license required. SCCA will accept current log books from PCA, NASA, and SCCA.

The 944 Cup will have a Cup only dedicated run group. Registration will work through SCCA, details to be provided later.

SCCA will provide the highly regarded race support services including F&C, T&S, grid, pit, safety tech and emergency services. In addition, SCCA will also handle race announcements and podium ceremonies for the Nationals. The only responsibilities for 944 Cup will be compliance tech and competitor communications.

The event will be finalized when a written agreemnt is signed by both parties which I expect to happen in the next two weeks.

Good news ....Let me know if you need anything as I am involved with the South Jersey SCCA as well....

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Still reply on answer from NASA NE on the requested dates for the North Chapter. So, time to make a decision to include the PCA Summit Point date for the September date and rather then require drivers to join NASA and get a NASA license for the April NJMP date.

We'll end up with one of the other early options for the Round 1: Lime Rock, Beaverun or Shenadoah.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:35 am
Rookie Driver

Is there power available at Shenandoah? Might be fun...definitely different!

Dave Gibson #52
Cup Mid-Atlantic

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:54 pm
Driver

Racrdave52 wrote:

There is some in the skidpad area of the Shenandoah paddock but overall there isn't much.

2010 MA Championship 4th

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:56 pm
Rookie Driver

Racrdave52 wrote:

I think it would be fun. I've been on it in my race car and the Lemons car. It's kind of like a roller coaster, but it's got a pretty long straight and a couple of solid passing opportunities. When I raced it with NASA, I was worried about carnage in the Karrusel, but it was really a non-issue. I don't consider it much of a "racing feature" but it doesn't upset the flow as much as I thought.

I've never been to Lime Rock and I've got no problem with the Beave--might be interesting to go back there.

Steve

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:35 pm

For a long time I was the biggest critic of Shenadoah, but when I raced a 944 in the 24 Hrs of Lemons, I had more fun on track then I did in a long long time. And that 944 Lemons car was not pleasant to drive for several reasons. Still, it was a blast.

On the Beav, we can get a really good price. Think we could get away with a $250 entry fee, or charge the more typical $400 and offer prize money. Could be an interesting experimment. Something different. Same maybe be true for Shenadoah.

We dont actually have a date to chose at this time for Shenadoah, but IMG is trying to get a date. SP is notoriously slow in responding to requests for track dates. For Shenadoah and the Beav, there would be a 944 Cup only run group which provides us with fun options. The downside with LR and PCA is that we have no options for making the weekend something outside the box and also a very northerly race for which the schedule is already favoring.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next