View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
DME units 
Driver

Got mine back, plugged it in. Works great!

Thanks John!

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:10 pm
Driver

John,

I received my DME back. It works fine.

Thanks,

John

Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:54 pm

More good news..............and John Behe says it has been a pleasure working with the Cup drivers on this project. Thank you gentlemen.

cup944@aol.com

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:39 pm
Rookie Driver

hello Dave,
My DME was verified at the national last year, and sealed. so i guess i do not have to send it back to ????, we are less then one week and there are 30 cup drivers at the Glenn, is some one coming to do the DME job at the Glenn.
Regards.

Sun May 22, 2011 2:20 pm

2fast4u wrote:
hello Dave,
My DME was verified at the national last year, and sealed. so i guess i do not have to send it back to ????, we are less then one week and there are 30 cup drivers at the Glenn, is some one coming to do the DME job at the Glenn.
Regards.

While your DME may have been inspected at Nationals, this does not satisfy the certification process for 2011.

Last year multiple map chips were allowed and so the inspection at Nationals was for other areas of compliance. The 2011 certification involves reading the chip in the dme to determine if it is a single or multiple map chip. If a single map chip, we close the dme back up and seal the dme. If the chip has mulitple maps, we burn a chip to duplicate the map actually in use in the dme and then seal the dme.

While John Behe will be at the Glen next weekend, he will not be able to certify any dme's as it takes special equipment to read the chip and burn a new one if need be, which is not available trackside. The DME needs to be sent to Behe Performance or you can give the dme to Behe at the Glen for him to take back to the shop.

Anyone can race with us at the Glen without a certified dme and can earn points for the standings, but without a certified dme, those points will not count for a racer to become the North or Canada Cup Regional Champion

cup944@aol.com

Sun May 22, 2011 3:08 pm
Rookie Driver

Let me take a minute to put in a plug for Behe here... I switched to a 2.7L engine this year and only had a stock chip. Since he's only about 40 miles from me, I decided to take the car to him to get a baseline on his dyno, tweak the map as necessary, and leave with a sealed DME. For a very reasonable price, John built me a race map that changes some of the aspects of the stock map that are programmed for around-town drivability and fuel economy to be more conducive to the track. He also found a bunch of little things unrelated to the engine management that needed to be sorted out to optimize dependability and performance. He pretty much performed a new engine install checklist. We'll see how it goes at The Glen, but I was extremely happy with the whole experience.

Steve

Wed May 25, 2011 12:39 pm
Rookie Driver

Thanks dave, but it does not make any sense since there was not any emailing to all racers with the new rule.
Regards.
Ask John if he can bring is machine, are we going to have a Dyno test also??
Regards

Wed May 25, 2011 8:47 pm

2fast4u wrote:
Thanks dave, but it does not make any sense since there was not any emailing to all racers with the new rule.
Regards.
Ask John if he can bring is machine, are we going to have a Dyno test also??
Regards

Actually the 2011 rules were mailed out on December 20, 2010 to all those who have registered with me to get updates on the series.........all 641 of them.

Anyone not getting the latest news on the series can register with me at cup944@aol.com. If anyone is registered and not getting updates, check your spam box or your filters or blocks to make sure the Cup emails are making it thru.

Ask John to bring his machine with him..........thats pretty funny.

cup944@aol.com

Wed May 25, 2011 9:55 pm

To summarize the process:

With both of the Cup classes, the rules offer an option for the use of a stock or aftermarket one map chip and sealed DME for those interested in participating in this new protocol intended to improve the intergrity of technical compliance. All competitors are encouraged to participate in the optional program. A car can still race legally in the series without a certified DME. Stock or aftermarket chips are allowed. However, a 944 Cup certified DME is required to be a Regional or National Champion and to be eligible for tire contingency prizes.

The certifed chips will only duplicate the map setting or calibration being used by the car owner or the one which the owner desires to be on the one map chip. We are not presecribing or requiring what map setting you use, only that you have one map on the chip, of your choosing.

For older dme's with the fixed ROMs (19831984), we will accept these dme's in their stock configuration upon inspection by our certification shop. Once satisifed the older dme is stock, we will make the fqs nonfunctional, seal the dme, and certify the dme as approved for the series.

We will also follow the same procedure with the newer dme provided the dme sent to us has a readable chip with only one map when it arrives. In that case there will be no need to rechip the dme. We will just seal the dme and certify it for use.

We want to make this certification process as smooth and painless as possible. Please feel free to contact John Behe anytime if you have any questions or need any help with this process. Also, in the rare instance that you have an eprom image that can't be read (some custom chips) then there is time to find an alternate solution. Upon receiving your dme back, plug it in and start the car just to make sure there are no problems. The only cost for going thru the certififcation process to the car owner is the price to mail the DME to Behe Performance.

Contact info for Behe:

http://beheperformance.com/

5360 Enterprise Street Suite A | Eldersburg, Maryland 21784 | {p} 410.549.3493 , info@beheperformance.com

Please let me know if you have any questions by email or call 240.412.5520.

cup944@aol.com

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:11 am
Driver

Am I right in assuming that with a certified DME we can now place it anywhere we like as the fqs is nonfunctional?

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next