View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 2:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Rules for 2012 

PCA is pushing to finalize our rules for 2012 as they iss their early and what we do effects the SP 2 and 3 classes. I hope to have done by the end of the week, had promised them by end of October.

If anyone has any ideas for me to consider, allong with your reasons it woudl make the series better, you can email me at cup944@aol.com. Need to be well thought out for the entire group of racers and not just how it relates to your particular circumstance. Need by end of the day tomorrow.

I expect very few changes in Cup class this year, and the changes to SC to bring closer to GTS rule set as we continue to try to improve the field sizes.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:53 am
Driver

hey dave door handle removal legal in all prep levels legal. i love the sealed ecu rule just think we should have to fully wrap with signed tamper proof tape to guarantee tamperproof. allow us to manufacture new factory wiring harness. i know theres no chance in hell but worth a shot, allow prep 1 cars to have cockpit inline adjustable brake bias instead of just inline under the hood. thats all i got off the top of my head.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:51 am

2012 rules went to PCA last nite so that shipped has pretty much sailed unless we find a significant blunder in the rules.

The wiring harness stays stock, the brake bias specs stay unchanged, and we are allowing some mods to the door handles for SC and Prep 1.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:56 am
Driver

im good with that i didnt see the date of your post dave, thanks John

Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Changes planned for 2012:

Safety

All safety standards shall conform to the applicable sanctioning body responsible for the holding the event and all cars and any driver registering for a 944 Cup race acknowledge the requirement to comply with all safety and conduct rules of the applicable sanctioning body and accept full responsibility for being versed in these rules, and in full compliance at all times.

Additionally the 944 Cup also requires each car be equipped with two working stock brake lights at all times and at least one operating rear stock tail light or an FIA approved flashing rain light for use during wet weather track sessions. The flashing rain light mounting location should be in the area between the rear tail lights.

Cup Class - Allowed Modifications
Suspension

Billet aluminum wheel hubs made by Racer’s Edge and Stuttgart Motorsports are permiited.

Body / Chassis / Interior

The 924 models can also use a 944 rear factory spoiler.
Modifications to the underside of the car for the purpose of improving aero effects are not allowed. The factory splash guard located under the engine may be used or deleted. Additionally an undertray of any alternate material may be used that extends from the front of the car back to the front edge of the front wheel opening.

Stock rear spoiler must be in place with no modification. Stock 924, 924S and 944 rear spoilers are interchangeable.

“Prep 1” Allowed Modifications
Body/Chassis/Interior

The existing factory spoiler can be extended up 6 inches. Rearward brackets or braces can be used to support the spoiler extension. The spoiler extension can be made of any material. The factory spoiler is only comprised of the rear section of the factory spoiler, and does not include the rubber trim pieces that extend up the side of the glass hatch. The rubber trim pieces can not be modified. A stock 968 spoiler or aftermarket replica can be us.

Door handles can be deleted and handle pockets in door filled

“Prep 2” Allowed Modifications

Suspension
(a)

Front control arms may be modified or replaced with updated or aftermarket control arms. Front control arm mounting points must remain in the stock location. Front control arms may be modified or replaced with updated or aftermarket control arms providing that the mounting locations remain the same as OEM and the end links are not adjustable. Bump steer kits are not permitted.

Super Cup Class - Allowed Modifications
Minimum Weight

Engine/Transmission

Lindsey Racing red Clubgate allowed as a substitute for the stock wastegate.

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels

Billet aluminum wheel hubs made by Racer’s Edge and Stuttgart Motorsports are permiited.

Body/Interior/Exterior

Aftermarket rocker panels are allowed.

Doors, engine hood, headlamp covers can be replaced with identical parts of size and shape made of non-stock materials. Gaps around the headlight covers be taped over and/or permanently filled in with body putty and/or similar materials. Fenders can be flared front and rear.
Rear wing with a single plane may be added. The maximum wing height can be no greater then level with the top of the roof. The stock spoiler and the hatch rubber side trim can be removed.

Door handles can be deleted and handle pockets in door filled .

Sporting Regulations
Passing Rules

A kamikaze or dive bomb pass is not permitted and will be penalized if contact results per the 13.13 rules. Overlap to the inside of a car should occur prior to the car being passed making a turn in towards the apex. This allows the driver being passed to view their mirrors before focusing on the apex turn in.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:30 pm

Rain lamps can be purchased rather inexpensively:

http://www.sracing.com/Store/Electrical/AfterBurner.htm

Think these are a wise investment. Thanks to Cris Brady for sourcing these for us.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:40 pm
Driver

definably think the flashing rain light is a great idea i think we all would have appreciated those during the nationals qual race start i know i was totally racing blind waiting for a brake light to follow, my only question is would it be OK to mount it in the stock 3rd brake light location that the later cars have?

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:56 am

JBRracing wrote:
definably think the flashing rain light is a great idea i think we all would have appreciated those during the nationals qual race start i know i was totally racing blind waiting for a brake light to follow, my only question is would it be OK to mount it in the stock 3rd brake light location that the later cars have?

That would be fine for mounting. Thanks for supporting this idea. I think it will help to make Cup racing safer. Many us were going blind at Nationals at times. Same happened at SP. Actually surprised sanctioning bodies have not already required. Again, thank Cris Brady for suggesting and sourcing.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:53 pm
Rookie Driver

I was at the nationals, I just hooked up the running lights in the rear tail light housings which we all have. no need to buy anything! :lol:

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:45 am
Profile WWW

ernie 914 wrote:
I was at the nationals, I just hooked up the running lights in the rear tail light housings which we all have. no need to buy anything! :lol:

Nothing else is required as Ernie says. However there is a significance in the visibilty of the flashing fia rain light. Especially considering the nominal price. Thanks again to all those who support safer racing in the series.

cup944@aol.com

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next