View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
New Nationals Format 

2012 National Championship Format

Finishing position of the final race determines National Champion.
Racers must participate in four (4) regional events to be eligible for the National Championship.
The Saturday race at Nationals can also be used as for credit for 2 regional Cup races for this purpose.

The Saturday race at Nationals will also count as a points race towards regional championships: Finishing position within chapter determines points - 40 points max for each race[e.g. 4th overall but 1st in chapter = 40 points]. Drivers must race in at least one regional race in a chapter to accumulate regional points for that chapter at Nationals.

No minimum number of races required to register for Nationals. All 944 racers welcome.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:14 pm
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:
Racers must participate in four (4) regional events to be eligible for the National Championship.

Hey Dave, have a question or two:

so is that 4 race weekends with at least one race started? or can it be 2 race weekends with the normal 2 races per weekend? Does it have to be a regional points race? example, Glen or SP had 3 races a weekend, only 2 counted as Cup races. Would the enduro count toward the 4 races? Does 'participate' mean just taking a start or do you have to finish 1/2 race distance to be counted.

Boy I should have been a lawyer :D

#88 1989 944 NA
Tales from the Dark Side of Racing

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:10 pm
Profile WWW

cris.brady wrote:
Director wrote:

Hey Dave, have a question or two:

so is that 4 race weekends with at least one race started? or can it be 2 race weekends with the normal 2 races per weekend? Does it have to be a regional points race? example, Glen or SP had 3 races a weekend, only 2 counted as Cup races. Would the enduro count toward the 4 races? Does 'participate' mean just taking a start or do you have to finish 1/2 race distance to be counted.

Boy I should have been a lawyer :D

A "regional event" is the equivilant of a race weekend.

To "participate" is the equivalent of registering for the race weekend and getting on track at some point during the weekend in the 944 Cup class or its equivalent. We are using a rather liberal interpretation with the intent of giving a racer credit for trying. We prefer to make a reasonable effort to include and not exclude.

I should have been a bureaucrat. Oh, thats right, I was.

ps. For future easy reference, the webmaster has posted: http://44cup.com/national

cup944@aol.com

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:32 pm
Driver

dave i scored a full season ride in super unlimited and it has to take full prefrence over everything but my heart will always be in my cup car (just got a 944 tattoo yesterday haha). I will only be able to make the first emra event and nationals because of conflicting race and testing schedules. do i need to form a team and put someone in my car for the other emra event to be able to qualify for nationals, and will that be enough?

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:34 am
Driver

incase anyone wants one, one of my crew can hook you up at the track haha

Attachments:
tattoo.JPG
tattoo.JPG [ 119.22 KiB | Viewed 3076 times ]
tattoo.JPG
tattoo.JPG [ 119.22 KiB | Viewed 3076 times ]
Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]