View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Q&A -- Body Parts 

Q: For Stock prep for Cup class, are end plates or other types of aero fins allowed as part of permitted mods to the spoiler?

A: No. While Stock prep allows some limited mods to the rear spoiler, the addition of end plates or similar areo fins are considered to be design characteristics of a wing and would bump the car up into Prep 1.

cup944@aol.com

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 am

Director wrote:
We'll adopt the suggestion by Greg and Ernie to allow the undertray to extend from the frt of the car back to the frt edge of the frt wheel opening.

We neglected to include this adopted change into the 2011 rules. To late to officially add nowto published rules for Cup and SP2. But as we now have cars running, we will continue to allow as we did in 2010. To further clarify the frt undertray, the surface facing the ground does need to be flat, with allowance for vents and holes facing upward to be used for the purpose of cooling.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Driver

The suggestion I submitted is in the rules ( under 8.3.6) that allows a substitution of material for the factory undertray and limited design variation to allow it to be safely attached to the factory mounting points. Greg F

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:45 pm
Profile WWW

GregF wrote:
The suggestion I submitted is in the rules ( under 8.3.6) that allows a substitution of material for the factory undertray and limited design variation to allow it to be safely attached to the factory mounting points. Greg F

Thinking that rule pertains to the stock undertray further back under the engine. What I am referring to here is more to the frt. Over the years quite a few cars had some type of plate installed to close the opening between the frt of the car and the radiator to keep unwanted objects from finding there way up into the radiator.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:13 pm
Driver

So what we are talking about here would be replicating the 951 part that seals the entire underside of the front bumper and mounts to the allowed tray in the three spots. That will have a positive aero effect for sure, I guess as long as everyone understands that it would be fine. Greg

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:45 pm
Profile WWW

GregF wrote:
So what we are talking about here would be replicating the 951 part that seals the entire underside of the front bumper and mounts to the allowed tray in the three spots. That will have a positive aero effect for sure, I guess as long as everyone understands that it would be fine. Greg

I will try to post a pic of what we are talking about to give a better idea. and yes, it could be argued to have some aero effect.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:11 pm

Director wrote:
I will try to post a pic of what we are talking about to give a better idea. and yes, it could be argued to have some aero effect.

Typical application

Attachments:
IMG_0843.jpg [144.85 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

cup944@aol.com
Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:24 am
Rookie Driver

Question: Are fiberglass header panels and/or fiberglass headlite covers allowed in Stock and/or Prepared?
Answer: No except for the 924S and 944 lite in SC.

As I'm getting ready to put my car back on track - has there been any changes to this? Fiberglass header panels are still not allowed on 944?

-- edit--

Just figured out the the above refers to SC lite for both models....

See you all at the track soon. ;)

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:36 am

You have it right Mark, not permitted in Cup class.

If you think you may get the car on track by the Glen, best to register now as spots are filling up fast.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:21 pm
Driver

I am trying to build a NASA GTS2 or 3 S2 powered car that will also be legal in Supercup. I see than rear wings are allowed, What is the current ruling on wider fenders and quarter panels? Specifically, can flares be added to stock panels? Can Stock panels be "stretched" to accommodate larger wheels/tires? If so, what are the limits?

Attachments:
IMG_1832.jpg
IMG_1832.jpg [ 100.15 KiB | Viewed 48570 times ]
Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next