View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Q&A -- Body Parts 

prooutlaw wrote:
In the 2011 SP3 Rules it said :
Front fenders, doors, engine hood, headlamp covers can be replaced with identical parts of size and shape made of non-stock materials.

Now how about the new rules about fender flares ?
Are Fiberglass fenders not allowed anymore ?

Can't explain how the front fenders dont show up in the Super Cup rules for 2012. We have still included in SP3 rules. We will correct the 2012 rules to include the front fenders.

cup944@aol.com

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:17 am
Rookie Driver

So instead of adding Flares to Fiberglas fenders can you just run wider Fiberglass Fenders on the front and flares on the rear ?

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:24 am
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:
Racrdave52 wrote:
Can't tell from picture, it that a 924S? Flares are allowed for some models and some prep pevels for SP2.

No it's a 944 with wide body kit from Broadfoot.

BTW these fenders don't fit the 924.

c.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:27 am

951Charles wrote:
Director wrote:
Racrdave52 wrote:
Can't tell from picture, it that a 924S? Flares are allowed for some models and some prep pevels for SP2.

No it's a 944 with wide body kit from Broadfoot.

BTW these fenders don't fit the 924.

c.

Is that correct John?

cup944@aol.com

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:32 am

prooutlaw wrote:
So instead of adding Flares to Fiberglas fenders can you just run wider Fiberglass Fenders on the front and flares on the rear ?

Good question. Yes, for SP3, even though not specifically worded as such for the front fenders.

cup944@aol.com

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:37 am
Driver

Sorry, i don't know if they fit the 924. The ones I bought require a stock shaped turbo nose. Thanks Dave, I'll now put on my wider fenders. I expect to have the SuperCup car ready by mid-season.

Last edited by johntorg on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:40 am

Racrdave52 wrote:
The flairs John has installed in the picture are they allowed in SP2? I have seen similar add on's like that on various cars at the Nationals. Just asking for clarification since i have some body work on both sides I have to do but maybe not as much if I can use a similar product.

Going back to Dave's question, for 924 models only in Cup class (SP2) Stock Prep, flared fenders or 944 fenders may be used but can’t exceed the factory fender
width for a stock 944.

For Cup class (SP2) in Prep 1 , Fender flaring is allowed provided the flares do not exceed the factory fender dimension by more then 2
inches in total in the front and in the rear of the car.

cup944@aol.com

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:48 am
Driver

Dave,Ive seen this on cars in cup but I just wanted to check the legality of vent holes in the rear of the car before I went and messed up the pretty paint . I wanted to add a few in the rear bumper but ive seen them in other locations, also in the lexan rear hatch.

Attachments:
rtjdtrjdj.jpg
rtjdtrjdj.jpg [ 23.68 KiB | Viewed 32657 times ]
Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:46 pm

JBRracing wrote:
Dave,Ive seen this on cars in cup but I just wanted to check the legality of vent holes in the rear of the car before I went and messed up the pretty paint . I wanted to add a few in the rear bumper but ive seen them in other locations, also in the lexan rear hatch.

Legal for the bumper in all classes. In the body panels, only Cup/Prep 1 and SC.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:57 pm
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:
Question: Are Turbo fenders, headlight covers and/or header panel allowed on a normally aspirated 944 in Prepared or Stock?
Answer: Yes. This has been a gray area for too long. Dont see any measurable performance advantage for interchanging turbo and NA fenders and header panel.

FWIW, I submitted a few proposals yesterday, one of them was related to this. For clarification, the SP2 rules specify this as allowed, but there is no mention in SC. Would a 944S (i.e. non-Turbo or S2) be eligible to run the Turbo bodywork as do the Cup NA cars?

Wed May 29, 2013 2:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next