View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
2.7l 

NATAL AUTO wrote:
I also agree. We need to make a voices heard to PCA. How many times have we raced, qualified, or just practices that move us up the grid were they ever even do a random weight check !

If we could offer the manpower to make checks under the supervision of PCA, maybe more could get done.

Is there a Porsche shop out there that provides track support for customers that would be willing to make their their techs available to PCA for this purpose? If so, I would be willing to approach PCA with the idea. If any one knows of such a shop, please let me know.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:12 am
Rookie Driver

Forgot to say "hint" "hint".....

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:44 am
Rookie Driver

And from looking at some cars over the last year my goal was not to disqualify anyone as much as to get them on the track and inform them of infractions that need to be addressed.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:48 am
Rookie Driver

PCA is doing spot checks,Daytona, they did weigh all or most of 944 Cup cars, They checked my car twice only by myself no others.Wheel sizing/safety equipment. Also saw PCA check a couple of air flow meters and throttle bodies that weekend so they are checking. Karl ran away at Daytona, I did think he was C___g,NO, He had the better setup. 1.5 seconds quirker, so first look at yourself/car. :mrgreen:

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:43 am
Profile WWW

ernie 914 wrote:
PCA is doing spot checks,Daytona, they did weigh all or most of 944 Cup cars, They checked my car twice only by myself no others.Wheel sizing/safety equipment. Also saw PCA check a couple of air flow meters and throttle bodies that weekend so they are checking. Karl ran away at Daytona, I did think he was C___g,NO, He had the better setup. 1.5 seconds quirker, so first look at yourself/car. :mrgreen:

And, PCA did measure some cylinder heads at Daytona.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:06 am

Provost wrote:
Forgot to say "hint" "hint".....

Oh, thats right Robbie, you would fall into that category. ;)

But, would you agree that it is workable solution for the series. Yes an imposition on those shops, but they do benefit from the cars racing. We could require cars be inspected by those shops to display there decals as a gesture of gratitude for their efforts.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:12 am
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:
And, PCA did measure some cylinder heads at Daytona.

Yup, cylinder head, AFM and throttle body in addition to weight. Maybe our various compliance check requests were heard. Or maybe it was Dave there reminding them that it was our national championship weekend and asking for some additional effort.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2