View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Q&A : Brakes, Wheels and Suspension 
Driver

The O.E. valves are installed on the master cylinder and the stock brake line threads into the valve. There are several different versions of the same basic valve, all separated by the " crossover pressure" stamped on the side of the valve. The valve limits rear brake pressure until a set pressure is reached, which then allows pressure to go to the rear circuit. The best ones to try are the 25 bar or 33 bar from a 944 Turbo or 944 S2. More than that and you will never need to buy rear brake pads again! I prefer the tilton style that sets an upper limit to the rear brake pressure instead, allowing full rear brake power for the start of the braking zone. It sounds like that would be an IT only device at this point unless there is a non adjustable alternative that works the same. Greg F

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:32 pm
Profile WWW

johntorg wrote:
Its sitting in my garage after hitting the wall in turn 9 at Road Atlanta at 107MPH after the steering wheel came off in my hands. The engine and transmission are in my current car.

is there a cage in there for sale?

cup944@aol.com

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:59 am

tim pruitt wrote:
DD,

While you may have had an end swapping issue in the rain.......Dave Murray suggested during his Enduro pre-race discussion on our rainy Sunday morning....that race cars without anti-lock brakes and those that have the ability to adjust brake bias should propbably move a little more braking to the rear because there is less weight transfer to the front tires when braking on a wet track. Made sense to me at the time and my data from traqmate also indicates lower G's during braking on the wet or semi-wet track versus the dry track we had on Saturday.

My "Big" event was in bone dry conditions.

cup944@aol.com

Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:04 am
Rookie Driver

GregF wrote:
... The O.E. valves are installed on the master cylinder and the stock brake line threads into the valve. The valve limits rear brake pressure until a set pressure is reached, which then allows pressure to go to the rear circuit....

I have read just the opposite in a few different places. This from the 944 FAQ about the factory proportioning valve:

Up to the point of the change-over pressure, both the front and rear brake circuits receive full system pressure, i.e., the pressure within the brake master cylinder. Above the change-over pressure, only a fraction of additional system pressure is shared with the rear brake circuit.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:10 pm

To clarify, the 924S and 931 models are permitted to use the same size wheels as provided for in the rules for the 944 model in the Cup Class.

cup944@aol.com

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2