View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
dme's 
Driver

hi guys ive been doing alot of thinking on this subject and i beleve i have a great idea to completly rule out any form of cheating using the dme. I know this will probably be shot down right away from the bigger money guys but really should have no reason to not do it. my idea is to have each racer show up to the race and hand in their dme, the dme will be sealed and numbered at the start of each day or event the race director will pull a number out of a hat to detirmine which dme you will be using for the day or event, and you will keep this dme untill the next event so you can still work on your car. this completly levels the playing field and costs nothing to implement.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:52 am

The idea of swapping DME's is an idea previously considered. Has numerous issues that make that option unworkable or ineffective, e.g. we allow aftermarket chips so dme's cant be switched, not turning in a new dme for a 25 year old one, many different model dme's varying from one 944 model to model, and from year to year, the stock dme/chip has numerous different mappings that can still be selected to change performance, etc. etc. .

cup944@aol.com

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 am
Driver

Not to mention bent pins from hurried swaps etc. This is why even Porsche gave up in SuperCup with issuing ECU's. I still just want to be able to verify that any ECU that is used in the car has been run on a dyno, sealed and marked. Any other form of DME restrictions or strategies are unworkable or unneccesary. I technically do not even need to run a factory DME in SCCA/ITS trim as long as I use the stock harness and plug. Greg F

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2