View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Shocks 
Rookie Driver

Hi Dave,
I remember seeing talks about future limitations on number of shock adjustments and remote reservoirs. I know someone looking to upgrade that should join the series next year.

Thanks

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:16 am

hardent wrote:
Hi Dave,
I remember seeing talks about future limitations on number of shock adjustments and remote reservoirs. I know someone looking to upgrade that should join the series next year.

Thanks

You are right Simon, I should have reposted here from the old forum. For the Cup class, no more then double adjustable. SC will not be limited. Remote resevoirs will be allowed for both classes.

cup944@aol.com

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:38 pm
Driver

IT does not allow remote reservoir canisters. Damper costs were escalating a few years back, ( think $5000 Datsun with $7500 dampers...) so the Comp board has decided to allow a maximum of two adjustments per damper. In the interests of preserving our ability to cross over and control expenses can we leave it like this for the ITS prepared cars? Greg F

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
Driver

(Especially when JRZ, a Cup sponsor, has a great RS Double adjustable damper for the 944 chassis!) Greg F

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

Dave correct me if I'm wrong but, ITS prepped cars can only run what's legal in ITS. So only doubled adj shocks, only 16" or 15" x 7" wheels etc..

R.L. Mitchell

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:20 am
Profile WWW

Znd4speed wrote:
Dave correct me if I'm wrong but, ITS prepped cars can only run what's legal in ITS. So only doubled adj shocks, only 16" or 15" x 7" wheels etc..

R.L. Mitchell

Correct R.L. 2009 Cup rules for SCCA, which will be unchanged for 2010:

8.4.3 Suspension
(a) Shock absorbers may be replaced provided they attach to the original mounting points. Remote reservoir shock absorbers are prohibited. External shock adjustment limited to two. No shock absorber may be capable of adjustment while the car is in motion.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]