View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Proposed rules for Super Cup 
Driver

I dunno Mike, I sure wasn't pointing at you, but why are you feeling guilty?

SuperCup #57, National Champion 2011 and 2012
www.frankcelenza.com/racing.php

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:52 am
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

I don't feel guilty, not sure where you are going with that comment.

I get a little tired of the comments about how turbo guys are cheating and will always find ways around whatever new rules come out.

'03 IS300 5MT

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:32 am
Site Admin

DrFranz wrote:

Probably because the "my competitors are cheating" mentality gets old and at some point people just want to race without all the drama.

There's leveling the playing field and then there's nitpicking the rules to the point that it's no longer fun. The constant back and forth is one of the reasons why Super Cup has yet to succeed as a class.

'08 spec.B | '85 944 | '08 848

Rockin' the Cup since '02 | 3rd, 6th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 5th, 13th (PT), 18th (PT), 6th (Team D), 3rd (Team D)

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:36 am
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

Webmaster wrote:
DrFranz wrote:

Probably because the "my competitors are cheating" mentality gets old and at some point people just want to race without all the drama.

There's leveling the playing field and then there's nitpicking the rules to the point that it's no longer fun. The constant back and forth is one of the reasons why Super Cup has yet to succeed as a class.

Very well put Dave's Son (edit :oops: ), if all this drama was to stop I'm sure SC would be huge.
I'm on the fence about whether to race my 968 in F stock or SC. I would love to race in SC again but I'm a little concerned about the few that keep on about the cheating.
Maybe it's time to drop it and get a 100% positive thing going here ;)

Last edited by Garylimey on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:45 am
Site Admin

Garylimey wrote:
Very well put Dave

Please see the first line of my signature. :D

'08 spec.B | '85 944 | '08 848

Rockin' the Cup since '02 | 3rd, 6th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 5th, 13th (PT), 18th (PT), 6th (Team D), 3rd (Team D)

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Driver

I know beyond a "reasonable doubt" that my 1989 Turbo S is stock because It has: An unopened ECU, K 26/8 Turbo, Stock Wastegate, No wiring modifications, stock exhaust with catalytic converter, and a pretty complete service record. Can I guarantee that no-one re-flashed the chip without opening the DME. Probably not, but with the lack of supporting modifications this is highly unlikely. I actually don't know anyone who has this capability. This highlights the problem, since I can't even prove that a stock car is stock.

By the way its for sale for $10K along with 4 other Turbos and Turbo S cars with prices ranging from $6500 to $12,500.

Shortly, I will test the boost using an Innovate Wide band data acquisition module and a peak hold boost gauge.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:57 am
Driver

I know of no series, at a professional level, that succesfully implemented a turbo equivalency formula. We are exemplary in what we've got here. In the end, there will be differences, and each model will likely excel on certain circuits. We saw that this year. Then, a video will be posted with some obvious circumvention and the finger pointing starts. If only those few perps would cut it out! I'm hopeful that we've got a handle on this now, but what do I know? I'm not Dave either! :D

SuperCup #57, National Champion 2011 and 2012
www.frankcelenza.com/racing.php

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Rookie Driver

Webmaster wrote:
Garylimey wrote:
Very well put Dave

Please see the first line of my signature. :D

I was close :lol:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:55 am

Garylimey wrote:
................ I would love to race in SC again but I'm a little concerned about the few that keep on about the cheating.Maybe it's time to drop it and get a 100% positive thing going here ;)

I would recommend that before anyone points fingers and gives advise to others in the series, they take a look at themselves first.

"From: GaryLimey
To: steven
Sent: 10/22/2009 8:33:28 A.M.
Subj: Re: hey Steve

Hey Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me. I fully understand your point of view, I have similar reservation's.

However the cheating is getting worse and something needs to change. Hopefully something good will come from this and people will make the changes needed to make their car's legal before next season.

Once the illegal or legal thread starts I think that the exposure of ways to cheat will help people to think twice about it, knowing that it is not a behind the scenes concept any more.

Best

Gary"

cup944@aol.com

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:00 am
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:
Garylimey wrote:
................ I would love to race in SC again but I'm a little concerned about the few that keep on about the cheating.Maybe it's time to drop it and get a 100% positive thing going here ;)

I would recommend that before anyone points fingers and gives advise to others in the series, they take a look at themselves first:

"From: GaryLimey
To: steven
Sent: 10/22/2009 8:33:28 A.M.
Subj: Re: hey Steve

Hey Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me. I fully understand your point of view, I have similar reservation's.

However the cheating is getting worse and something needs to change. Hopefully something good will come from this and people will make the changes needed to make their car's legal before next season.

Once the illegal or legal thread starts I think that the exposure of ways to cheat will help people to think twice about it, knowing that it is not a behind the scenes concept any more.

Best

Gary"

Hhmmm, Dave, I'm disappointed that you feel the need to exploit a private email I sent tosomeone else over a year ago, when the cheating rumors and accusations were in full swing.
Perhaps you misunderstood my point in my last post, which is that I have looked at my attitude, and have made a concious decision to let go of all all the petty squabling.
It is my hope that we can all adopt a new attitude, and begin this season without all the conflict, and with the intention of enjoying some healthy competition.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next