View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Chips for 2011 
Rookie Driver

what is the date of the DME concours next year? :D

Eurotechnik/Spoiled Boys Racing #72
2011 Cup National Champion
2010 Cup 2nd Place, Southeast Champion
2009 Cup 2nd Place
2008 Supercup National Champion

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:59 am

Big Joe wrote:
Dont run the OTP chip you say?, I think there is some clause build into the rule to make that "option" VERY un-attractive, but yes there is an option available.

Not to the majority of racers in the series.

Big Joe wrote:
....... Can the complete DME be OTP chipped, sealed, certified by BP, and then left alone (tech inspec's) since it will have some sort of breakaway seal tape if tampered with?

Now looks like this is the way we will go for several reasons. Sealing is going to add a cost, just dont have number yet.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:10 pm
Driver

I support the idea of a sealed ECU. This would be far easier to police in the series and I can still have several ECU's for my car... ;) I would like more info when available and perhaps contact info for the company doing the work to see if they can just clone the chips we are all using out here. ( I just copied a chip I worked on for a long time in my car and offer that or an FR Wilk race chip to the NW competitors)
We have 7 or 8 cars running the FR Wilk daughter board arrangement that allows a 24 pin chip to be used in the early cars. This set up is very fragile, so I want to talk directly with them before proceeding. Greg F

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:29 pm
Profile WWW

Anyone interested in speaking to John Behe at Behe Performance, feel free at any time to call John. Let him know u are with the 944 Cup.

Behe Performance
5360 Enterprise Street, Suite A
Eldersburg, Maryland 21784
voice 410.549.3493
fax 410.549.3495
info@beheperformance.com
m-f 8am-6pm ET

http://beheperformance.com/

cup944@aol.com

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:24 pm

The chips and seals have been ordered. Contact John at Behe Performance if you are interested in particpating in the one map chip/sealed dme program. Please allow your self enough time to be ready for the 2011 season.

cup944@aol.com

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:04 pm
Rookie Driver

DD,

So to summarize - to run for regional points, regional, or national championships, or Hoosiers - you need:

1) Single map chip verified and burned by Behe that can be verified by opening the DME

or

2) Single map chip verified and burned by Behe, and the DME sealed by Behe

3) Also - if I read the thread right, this implies (?) - no verified chip or sealed DME = driver does not score points for a regional race. Otherwise, this would mess up regional points scores should someone come to the series without the chip. I assume that the verified/non verified chip would be declared on the tech form.

Is that summarized correctly? Just like to have it all in one place for ease of reference. :mrgreen:

Great that we're doing this. Big thumbs up!

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:14 am

To clarify: Need Single map chip verified and burned by Behe, and the DME sealed by Behe if u want to be a Regional or National Champion. Yes, you can earn points throughout the season for standings purposes, but to be crowned Champ you would have needed to race with a certifed/seal dme. Cant win tires w/o certfied dme. Yes, would need to reported as sealed or not on Tech form . we will designate in the standings who is running with a certified dme.

We are going with the sealed dme as their is some question whether an OTP can actually be erased and then be reprogrammed. Want to remove any doubt or speculation.

If the certified dme protocol works wout well for 2011, we may go to certified dme required to earn pts.

MattMarks wrote:
DD,

Single map chip verified and burned by Behe, and the DME sealed by Behe

3) Also - if I read the thread right, this implies (?) - no verified chip or sealed DME = driver does not score points for a regional race. Otherwise, this would mess up regional points scores should someone come to the series without the chip. I assume that the verified/non verified chip would be declared on the tech form.

cup944@aol.com

Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:26 pm
Driver

So to clarify een further.....

We need to remove our BOSCH DME and send it to BP.

1) They will remove the current chip and verify single map and re-install and seal DME

2) They will remove the current chip, download the data and burn new BP chip, install new Chip and seal DME.

3) For those that may have two maps on the chip, can they send two DMES to BP, have them remove the data and burn two chips and install BP chips with single map into two different DMES and reseal both DME's and return.

Can BP number each certified Chip and Sealed DME for control and tracking purposes?

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:05 pm

tim pruitt wrote:
So to clarify een further.....

We need to remove our BOSCH DME and send it to BP.

1) They will remove the current chip and verify single map and re-install and seal DME

2) They will remove the current chip, download the data and burn new BP chip, install new Chip and seal DME.

3) For those that may have two maps on the chip, can they send two DMES to BP, have them remove the data and burn two chips and install BP chips with single map into two different DMES and reseal both DME's and return.

Can BP number each certified Chip and Sealed DME for control and tracking purposes?

Yes, we will log the chips and dme's. If you already have a one map chip that can be verfied, we should be able to leave it in place and seal the dme.

If you send a chip with mulitple maps, then the active map will be chosen for install on the certified chip unless instructed otherwise. You can have more then one dme certified, the driver will be charged full price for the service second dme and more.

cup944@aol.com

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2