View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
DME units 

From John Behe: "....... I'd like to help you by making myself available to the guys affected to answer any questions as well as organize them getting their
dmes to me before the last minute. Let everyone know that I am very
available to speak with them to get the ball rolling. It's important
that they have the part number 944.xxx.xx as well as the hardware number
02612000xx when they contact me. I'd like to identify and deal with any
potential problems early on and not wait until the last minute. I'd
rather that people call me or email me directly than discuss anything
with them on a forum. Call me old fashioned."

cup944@aol.com

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:07 pm
Rookie Driver

To anyone running an early DME who needs a removeable chip.Mat Johns has a newly rebuilt old style DME that has a stock program removeable chip.He never used it as he changed over to a late style wiring harness and DME.He can be reached at hfpub2003@yahoo.com

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:30 pm
Driver

Shipped 2 ECU's to John Today.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:09 pm

After further review of the older dme's with the fixed ROMs, we have decided that we will accept these dme's in their stock configuration upon inspection by our certification shop. Once satisifed the older dme is stock, we will make the fqs nonfunctional, seal the dme, and certify the dme as approved for the series.

We will also follow the same procedure with the newer dme provided the dme sent to us has a readable chip with only one map when it arrives. In that case there will be no need to rechip the dme. We will just seal the dme and certify it for use.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:46 pm
Driver

On the newer DMEs do you plan on disabling the FQS switch, or just sealing it? My DME (87 2.7L) has a metal plug over the FQS switch which means I can't adjust it without opening the cover.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:34 pm

johntorg wrote:
On the newer DMEs do you plan on disabling the FQS switch, or just sealing it? My DME (87 2.7L) has a metal plug over the FQS switch which means I can't adjust it without opening the cover.

The newer dme has a removable chip which allows for the use of a one map chip rendering the fqs useless.

cup944@aol.com

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:26 am
Driver

Thanks Dave,

I'm going to pull my DME today and send it off for certification. I'll check to see if the FQS is set to Zero. If not, I assume that the single use chip will be burned using the map currently selected by the FQS. This is very important since whatever the FQS was set to is what was used in my last Dyno run.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:27 am

johntorg wrote:
Thanks Dave,

I'm going to pull my DME today and send it off for certification. I'll check to see if the FQS is set to Zero. If not, I assume that the single use chip will be burned using the map currently selected by the FQS. This is very important since whatever the FQS was set to is what was used in my last Dyno run.

a good conversation to have with John Behe.

cup944@aol.com

Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:12 pm
Driver

My certified DME is on its way home from John.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:18 pm
Rookie Driver

Greetings everyone, in order to make this certification process as smooth and painless as possible I wanted to make myself more available so besides reaching me by phone and email, I'll be watching this forum too. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions or need any help with this process. It is important that you get your dmes to me as soon as you can because I can turn them around fairly quickly this time of year. Also, in the rare instance that you have an eprom image that can't be read(some custom chips)then there is time to find an alternate solution. Upon receiving your dme back, plug it in and start the car just to make sure there are no problems. I have tested this process very thoroughly and expect that all will be fine but anything can happen when you ship a 20+ year old dme.
My contact number is 410-549-3493 M-F 8am-6pm.

John Behe
Behe Performance Inc.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next