View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
2011 Rules 

Have been posted on this web site: http://www.44cup.com/rules

The Compliance Calculator is being revised as you read this post.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:07 pm
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:

Hey dave,
I might have missed it, but can we still include the lite weight break for the HP challenged cars?
thanks,
patrick

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 pm

psheridan wrote:
Director wrote:

Hey dave,
I might have missed it, but can we still include the lite weight break for the HP challenged cars?
thanks,
patrick

Out for 2011. No one used in 2010 so deemed unneeded.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:08 pm
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:

Out for 2011. No one used in 2010 so deemed unneeded.

If available I will use it in 2011.

new job and cash kept me out of most of 2010. Fill out tech sheet once a year and write weight on windshield, so not much more to administrate.
I don't have the budget to rebuild. Would like to think even the front runners (bill? crowell brothers? others?), would have more fun with the potential for closer racing.

If there is other support for it and/or no one objects could you re-consider it?

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:23 pm
Driver

I supported this rule last year and still do as long as it can be substantiated by a dyno, but then no cars below fifth place have ever been dynoed as far as I can recall.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:30 pm

The published rules have also been provided and finalized by PCA for the SP classes who are to publish on the 15th. So, the rules are what we need to live with for 2011. We can't get the Cup rules out of sync with the PCA Sp rules.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:39 pm
Rookie Driver

Director wrote:
The published rules have also been provided and finalized by PCA for the SP classes who are to publish on the 15th. So, the rules are what we need to live with for 2011. We can't get the Cup rules out of sync with the PCA Sp rules.

Why no public discussion on changing that rule like you did all the others?

Several weeks ago you mentioned in an email to me you were thinking about it. I replied at the time I'd use it. Without any thread on the forum figured you weren't actually going to change it.

Worth mentioning you posted in the forums to one SCCA prep person he could use his 4.11 in prep 2. That is also not in the posted rules.

Director wrote:
Certainly dont want to legislate you out of the series. So teh 2.7L engine is not issue with you, so that can be as planed to delete. We can keep in the 4.11. On the DME, I'll do for u what I jahve done for all other Cup drivers, you can keep yur SCCA DME but to be Regional or National Champion or win tires, you need to have a stock dme with a certified Cup chip.

Will that be revised or is that out too?

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:33 am
Rookie Driver

Quote:
" Dave- Our car weighs around 2510 or so with driver. We are only planning to run 944 Cup events- not PCA specifically. Not sure of which events yet - but probably concentrating on the Canada schedule for sure. We were hoping to take advantage of the 2500 lb weight and using the RA'1's as per your 2010 rules- and hence we purchased 2 new sets of tires last month. It won't stop us from competing- but not sure why the rule change. We thought the 100lb. weight reduction was made as an incentive for the SP1 cars. It's not a deal breaker but certainly a disappointment."

This is my last posting on the original discussion from a couple of days ago and it appears there is some more support for this. It really was the one reason my teamate & I decided to run 44Cup next year exclusively. With all the various exceptions to current PCA rules now- why is this one such a big deal ?

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:29 am

Madmax wrote:
Dave- Our car weighs around 2510 or so with driver. We are only planning to run 944 Cup events- not PCA specifically. Not sure of which events yet - but probably concentrating on the Canada schedule for sure. We were hoping to take advantage of the 2500 lb weight and using the RA'1's as per your 2010 rules- and hence we purchased 2 new sets of tires last month. It won't stop us from competing- but not sure why the rule change. We thought the 100lb. weight reduction was made as an incentive for the SP1 cars. It's not a deal breaker but certainly a disappointment."

Email me at cup944@aol.com, maybe we can work something out so those Toyo's are put to good use.

cup944@aol.com

Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:20 am
Rookie Driver

Thanks Dave- but we're not agonizing about the tires- we'll use them up for testing and practices-not to worry. It's just that the weight bonus seemed like a great way to keep overall tire costs down and still be competitive. Now we have to add 100lbs to the car ( or 50 car + 50 me ) My wife and doctor will not be happy about this !

Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next