View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Rules questions 
Rookie Driver

ernie 914 wrote:
Also, 9.3 engine, I section, "alternators must be in stock location" does that mean we cant move it down like we all do? swapping postion with the a/c compressor? Cant use the a/c delete bracket?

A/C delete was a stock option.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:26 am

SteveR wrote:
ernie 914 wrote:
Also, 9.3 engine, I section, "alternators must be in stock location" does that mean we cant move it down like we all do? swapping postion with the a/c compressor? Cant use the a/c delete bracket?

A/C delete was a stock option.

Good answer Steve.Thanks.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:37 pm
Rookie Driver

What about my first 2 questions? :?

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:52 pm
Profile WWW

ernie 914 wrote:
Do we need door handles for super cup, as the super cup rules were based on GTS rules so guys can cross over? Not required in GTS.

The 2011 SC rules underwent significant change to make it easier for cars running in the NASA GTSclasses to race in the Cup series. Considering the fact that GTS does not require door handles and the allowed Cup use of fiberglass doors that come without handles, interpreting the rules to allow for the deletion of door handles in the Super Classes is logical and will be so interpreted for the balance of the season.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:13 pm

ernie 914 wrote:
Rules , Rear spoiler width, 8.1.6 rear spoiler width , "spoilers and air dams are free providing they do not exceed maximum factory body width by any amount," Does that mean that the air dam can be as wide as the rear fenders?

This rule on the air dams and spoilers, for the Cup class Stock prep level, was adopted from the original rules for the PCA Stock classes. Over the years little has been done by car builders to take full advantage of these rules. While the literal reading of the rule suggests the air dams and spoilers could be as wide as the rear fenders wheels, the widest party of the body, I dont think this would best interpretation or application of the rule for the Stock prep.

For the air dams and the short balance of the 2011 season, the Cup interpertation of the allowed width of the rule will be the air dam can not extend beyond the width of the front fenders. This standard should not adversely impact any current configuration in use that I know of, and provide a reasonable amount of freedom in air dam design , and yet prevent any absurd applications.

More to come on the spoiler.

cup944@aol.com

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:23 pm
Driver

so been over my car entirely and the only thing I found illegal at all was that my door handles were removed and holes smoothed over but left the pockets for your hand to go into. Ill bond fake handles onto the car if I have to, but the main reason there removed is because the handles are non functional on my car and a safety worker would know not to bother with them to try and open the door.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:15 am

JBRracing wrote:
so been over my car entirely and the only thing I found illegal at all was that my door handles were removed and holes smoothed over but left the pockets for your hand to go into. Ill bond fake handles onto the car if I have to, but the main reason there removed is because the handles are non functional on my car and a safety worker would know not to bother with them to try and open the door.

Door handles are still required for Cup class, though Im not sure they are worth the trouble.

I am not requiring for SC class, as we have already allowed the stock doors to be replaced with glass or doors of other materials which dont come with handles anyway. Will formalize in rules in 2012.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:33 am

ernie 914 wrote:
Rules , Rear spoiler width, 8.1.6 rear spoiler width , "spoilers and air dams are free providing they do not exceed maximum factory body width by any amount,"

For the rear spolier, the rules appear to allow alot of freedom in what can be done with the rear spolier. I have not seen anyone do much with this freedom so for simplicity sake and ease of enforcement, I will make a more restrictive interpretation of this rule for the balance of the year and plan to better define in the 2012 rules.

For the balance of 2011, the Cup class/Stock prep level will allow for extending the existing factory spoiler up 6 inches. Rearward brackets or braces can be used to support the spoiler extension. The spolier extension can be made of any material.

For purpose of this rule interpetation, the factory spoiler is only comprised of the rear section of the factory spoiler, and does not include the rubber trim pieces that extend up the side of the glass hatch. The factory trim pieces can not be modfied for the Cup class/Stock prep level.

The 924 models can also use a 944 rear factory spoiler.

For 2012, the Cup class/Stock prep level will require the factory spoiler be used with no modifications.

cup944@aol.com

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:14 am
Driver

just to clarify i do need to bond a set on? if so does anybody have an extra set haha.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:19 pm
Rookie Driver

Have a set of spoiler pcs, mint shape for sale. $80. :roll:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next